• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    I received the "new rules letter" as well, its sad that a few irresponsible people have ruined it for the other club members...

Unfortunately the new hours are gonna make it nearly impossible for me to hit the range before work(2nd shift) as is my normal routine.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    New rules

I am there almost every weekend at some point. I have confronted a number of non-members that have been there throughout the winter. They were asked to leave. No Trespassing signs are clearly posted at all entrances.

There is not another range where we can move and shoot, draw from the holster, etc at any price. It's just common courtesy to clean up your own mess.

There are over 400 members, yet on the two club work days we have 10 show up to help. That's a little sad. With a $20/year membership fee it should be a requirement to help out. I am in favor of requiring service hours by members to help maintain the place and reinforce the rules.

There will now be an RO there to monitor who enters and leaves. It isn't a big hassle, but they will be enforcing the club rules, which are surprisingly limited. If members can't follow the rules, they will be given the opportunity to explain to the Board. Non-members will be dealt with by local law enforcement.

We are lucky we have access to this type of range to shoot. Just increasing the fees doesn't prevent idiots from doing things that are obviously not safe.

Top Bottom