• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all - 1st of all, consider supporting your local shops!!
    I hope this thread comes in handy to my fellow folks in Bloomington. Even with our university and higher concentration of liberal minded folks (more than our surrounding areas anyways...) we do have a few great gun shops. Below is a list that I'll start, please feel free to add and modify the list with posts and updates.

1) Four Seasons gun shop- on Monon, $15 FFL transfers!! Nice folks, medium sized inventory, ok prices (not worth writing home about though). long guns and handguns. some used items.

2) Bloomington Home & Personal Security - Jim Graham's place, just south of the square on Colleg Ave. Good shop to visit, although small. I think FFL transfers are $25, helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. very small inventory on hand. Long guns and handguns, some (limited) ammo. THey also have tasers, and a whole line of home security items (cameras, etc.)

3) Leathers unlimited - on 3rd near 37 (unless they moved) - good shop, a lot of "high-value" options (i.e. high points, taurus, etc.), some used items also. Not sure on FFL transfers. Long guns and handguns.

4) MC Sports on west side - I actually like this place for their selection of handguns - fairly competitive prices if you find something on sale. Regular prices are high, probably so they can mark down for sales. Nice folks, no FFL transfers here though. VERY good selection of ammo with ok prices.

5) Dick's Sporting Goods on east side - Ok selection of Long guns only. Sale prices are good, non-sale prices are a little high. Staff is ok, depending on who you speak with; some are knowledgeable, some are not. UPDATE: their ammo selection has improved A LOT over the last month.

6) Walmart - AMMO only, no guns at this point.

I hope that helps. It is late, and if I neglected to mention any shop, I apologize. please add to this list by posting replies or experiences below.
    Thanks.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Hi all - 1st of all, consider supporting your local shops!!
    I hope this thread comes in handy to my fellow folks in Bloomington. Even with our university and higher concentration of liberal minded folks (more than our surrounding areas anyways...) we do have a few great gun shops. Below is a list that I'll start, please feel free to add and modify the list with posts and updates.

1) Four Seasons gun shop- on Monon, $15 FFL transfers!! Nice folks, medium sized inventory, ok prices (not worth writing home about though). long guns and handguns. some used items.

2) Bloomington Home & Personal Security - Jim Graham's place, just south of the square on Colleg Ave. Good shop to visit, although small. I think FFL transfers are $25, helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. very small inventory on hand. Long guns and handguns, some (limited) ammo. THey also have tasers, and a whole line of home security items (cameras, etc.)

3) Leathers unlimited - on 3rd near 37 (unless they moved) - good shop, a lot of "high-value" options (i.e. high points, taurus, etc.), some used items also. Not sure on FFL transfers. Long guns and handguns.

4) MC Sports on west side - I actually like this place for their selection of handguns - fairly competitive prices if you find something on sale. Regular prices are high, probably so they can mark down for sales. Nice folks, no FFL transfers here though. VERY good selection of ammo with ok prices.

5) Dick's Sporting Goods on east side - Ok selection of Long guns only. Sale prices are good, non-sale prices are a little high. Staff is ok, depending on who you speak with; some are knowledgeable, some are not. UPDATE: their ammo selection has improved A LOT over the last month.

6) Walmart - AMMO only, no guns at this point.

I hope that helps. It is late, and if I neglected to mention any shop, I apologize. please add to this list by posting replies or experiences below.
    Thanks.

I've been to the MC Sports, the prices I saw on what I was interested in were very competitive, even compared to online pricing. At the time, the guns I was pricing were a EAA Witness Elite Match (their price was actually $5 less than I had already ordered mine for online), a Stoeger Cougar 9mm (was about $5 higher than the cheapest price I could find anywhere else), and they had 2 or 3 Mosins for I think the $100-$120 range...

That was also probably...2 years ago? Need to get back over there and check them out...

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    You failed to mention Traildust who sells ammo and reloading supplies. You won't find bargains really, but the prices aren't too much out of whack and it beats driving to Atterbury for a pound of powder or 1k primers.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I've been to the MC Sports, the prices I saw on what I was interested in were very competitive, even compared to online pricing. At the time, the guns I was pricing were a EAA Witness Elite Match (their price was actually $5 less than I had already ordered mine for online), a Stoeger Cougar 9mm (was about $5 higher than the cheapest price I could find anywhere else), and they had 2 or 3 Mosins for I think the $100-$120 range...

That was also probably...2 years ago? Need to get back over there and check them out...

Just picked up a S&W 4004(very rare gun) @ a great price to say the least!! 50rd box(Fiocchi) 45ACP for $19.99 and 50rd box(Fiocchi) 357Sig for $21.99.:ingo:

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    About a month ago at MC Sports, I got a Marlin 336W, .30-30, Bushnell scope, case and 100 rounds of ammo for $675. It is a shame they do not do transfers, however.

Gerri

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    You failed to mention Traildust who sells ammo and reloading supplies. You won't find bargains really, but the prices aren't too much out of whack and it beats driving to Atterbury for a pound of powder or 1k primers.

THanks for the info, I forgot traildust as I was writing the OP.
    They do have a decent variety of ammo -- no screaming deals, but a good sampling. THey even have (or at least they had) some of the 5.56 penetrator rounds along with tracers and some other military fare you won't find at MC, Dick's, or elsewhere.

Top Bottom