• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    I see that the mayoris at it again in NYC, he wants to hide cigs behind the counter where they cant be seen ,first pop now this.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He is the king.
    When he gets done telling you how to live your life one way, he's gonna keep on changing things.
    Cause he knows better, or at least that's what he believes.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't smoke and never will, but wouldn't this be hurting sales? I mean, I know that's the whole point, and it is entirely unfair. How is a potential customer going to know what brands they have? This could put a lot of the smaller or more expensive brands under as people generally just know the cheaper names. I don't see how they can make a law that intentionally aims to destroy a business. Idiots, well I bet most of the people who support this are against a free market anyways.

BrianJacobsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Carthage
    What fascinates me is the difference in attitude between Europeans and Americans on stuff like this. I'm doing a diet called LCHF and one of the best sites is called the Diet Doctor out of Sweden.

When the soda ban was announced he was cheering saying essentially it's about time the government stepped in and did something. Mind you, the government has had a huge hand in making people unhealthy. he was also surprised by how upset Americans were with his support of nanny state gubmint.

In a related vein when my wife attended a wedding in the UK last year her Aunt just could not comprehend that we owned guns and carried them on our person at all times. Talk about the difference between citizen and subject, eh?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Whatever happened to personal responsibility? I know soda is bad for me, but I drink it anyways because it tastes good. Any ill effects are my own doing. I could stop drinking it any time.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I would like to interview a few of the people who elected him. I wonder what makes them tick.

Well considering 80% of new york city high school graduates cant even ****ing read, Id say it would be a short conversation.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I couldn't help myself today. I was sent some tool samples today from somewhere in NY,NY.:rolleyes: Instead of placing an order, I called and said it was my civic duty to help their economy by not purchasing anything from that city or state.:rockwoot: I was told that they only ship and they're made in China so I said I'll look around and see if anybody in Ind. or Tenn. would have them. Bye.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have to ask: Does Mayor Moron really believe someone jonesing for a cigarette is going to fail to buy any because they are hidden behind the counter? After all, this person managed to go to the store to buy cigarettes without seeing them from the street.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Bloomberg reminds me of the movie Demolition Man...the mayor who outlawed fatty food, soda, alcohol, cigarettes, cussing, sex...anything he deemed immoral. So far Bloomberg is following the movie character...but this character gets shot and thrown into a fireplace. It would be enjoyable and ironic to see him continue in this movie characters footsteps.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Bloomberg reminds me of the movie Demolition Man...the mayor who outlawed fatty food, soda, alcohol, cigarettes, cussing, sex...anything he deemed immoral. So far Bloomberg is following the movie character...but this character gets shot and thrown into a fireplace. It would be enjoyable and ironic to see him continue in this movie characters footsteps.

X2 including the fireplace

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I would say the Wesley Snipes quote about the fearless leader being 'an evil Mr. Rogers' pretty well summed it up!

Top Bottom