• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Asked if he could outspend the National Rifle Association and other opponents of gun control measures, Bloomberg casually replied, “Oh sure.” But then added, “I’m not the only funder of this.”

http://news.yahoo.com/katie-couric-and-michael-bloomberg-221417585.html

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Bloomberg can outspend the NRA, true, but the NRA's strength is less in dollars than it is in voters.

If Bloomy can find enough whores willing to sell their votes for 30 pieces of silver, I suppose he could even win... But as the saying goes, "I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Put up or shut up, Bloomie. I'd love to see you bankrupt yourself into the poor house and still not manage to move the ball on gun control.

clueless... it's not about the dollars and never has been.

Bloomberg can outspend the NRA, true, but the NRA's strength is less in dollars than it is in voters.

If Bloomy can find enough whores willing to sell their votes for 30 pieces of silver, I suppose he could even win... But as the saying goes, "I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."

Exactly to all^^^:+1:

Bloomberg is addicted to trying to force his moronic views on all the American people.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If it was so simple as being about money, we'd already have cures for cancer and the common cold.

Maybe Bloomingidiot should look at the statistics on accidental deaths involving, say, swimming pools. Or automobiles.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How'd that giant soda ban work out in NYC Bloomie? Couldn't outspend that could ya?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    He spent the equivalent of $100 per vote in his last election and probably has a good law/lobby firm in dc. The gun issue though really is more about votes than money, and there he can't beat the NRA or anybody else. When James Carville said that guns were a loser political issue he wasn't kidding, big insurance and big pharma spend vastly larger sums than the NRA in dc, guns just aren't a money maker in that town.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well... That's probably a true statement. 30+ billion dollars is significantly more than all the money spent on all advertising for a federal election cycle (including presidential).

He could blanket the airwaves and internet for quite some time with ads of his choosing. Doesn't mean that they will convince everyone.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI

100% - Saying that the NRA "buys" politicians is what helps the anti gun group sleep at night. The reality is that the NRA is organized, passionate voters with a long memory. Thats what the candidates fear, It's not about the money.

Top Bottom