Bloomberg announces new gun control effort.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    He is a fine example of the direction our country has gone advocating elitism and royalty. If you have the money you can influence laws and elections in favor of your PERSONAL beliefs. One rich Jackapple really has the same voting power as hundreds of true citizens and goes against what the forefathers wanted.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    So basically, what Bloomieberger is saying, "I'm going to spend my $50M and BUY as many votes as I can, and YOU can't stop me!"

WoW! I thought that was illegal.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    As always with these people, it's about POWER. Bloomberg and his allies in the leftist-elitist crowd are really PISSED that their push to roll back yet another of our civil liberties failed in the Senate and sparked a totally unexpected (on their part at least) backlash at the state level. So other than those places where "double-secret" laws were rammed through without notice like NY, CT, MD, and CO, we have federal nullification, stronger protection for gun rights, and more carry legalization than before. I like it because they though they were just rolling over a dead-horse but it was a lion and it had teeth and claws.

So we're now back to stirring the emotional pot and waiting (I would say HOPING) for another Sandy Hook to provide the leverage they need to reset this "discussion" yet again.

The 2014 elections are going to be interesting. Of course the ACA is what the news media is talking about as the thing that is hurting the Democrats but I think they (again) underestimate how the gun-issue will play out come November.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Campaign ID is a promotion number or recruiter number. In this case it is a recruiter number. It is used to indiacate which recruiter a member signed up through.

That is just one of the NRA's marketing campaigns. If you don't want a particular membership purchase being linked to a particular mailing, you can hit the same join page without the campaign ID here. Just be aware that option will result in your paying full price.

Yeah, was just curious what that campaign was before I go sharing it

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I caught Watts and Bloemberg on the news this morning. Of course the news talked about Watts being a concerned stay at home Mom. Let's see, she was in the PR business prior to playing mom. Now she is on National TV with Mikey beating the war drums. All of this "sparked" by Sandy Hook. All seems a bit too convenient.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I caught Watts and Bloemberg on the news this morning. Of course the news talked about Watts being a concerned stay at home Mom. Let's see, she was in the PR business prior to playing mom. Now she is on National TV with Mikey beating the war drums. All of this "sparked" by Sandy Hook. All seems a bit too convenient.

VERT, CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE JUST DISCOVERED NANCY PELOSI'S 'ASTROTURF'!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    VERT, CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE JUST DISCOVERED NANCY PELOSI'S 'ASTROTURF'!

I know I just stated the obvious. Well at least this group does not have our heads in the sand. Trust me the media eats this junk up. All about the marketing and who has the best story.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Good. Let him spend his money. If its good for the Koch Brothers, its good for Bloomberg. I don't have a problem with it.

His initiative is cleverly named (aver all, who could possibly be opposed to 'gun safety' or for 'illegal guns'?) but isn't going to change many minds; I'd wager most folks, including mothers, have theirs pretty well made up since mid-December 2012.

Also, if a Republican talked about "wearing down" women they way Bloomberg did, the screeching from the left would come hard and fast regardless of the context it was spoken in.

Also, this was taken as a joke when pregnant with our first, but this is what my sons' left-leaning mom happens to think about Bloomy:

35830_10100106909210018_2258440_n.jpg

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    So he's wanting women to be disarmed? He must want woman to be raped or attacked. Take away their ability to defend themselves. I guess there really is a war on women. It's from the left. Who knew?

Jason

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    They really hate the effectiveness of the NRA in uniting average people. And the NRA is funded by the common man rather than one billionaire.
    I think they have come to believe the Harry Reid lie about the NRA being funded by "The rich firearms industry" But the way I look at it, I won't try to disuade them from their misconception.
    The more they believe that bit of misinformation, the less they recognize that they have firearms enthusiasts within their ranks, as part of the active, pro-2A voting block, which is one of the reasons they don't understand why gun control isn't as popular as they think it ought to be.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    He will never stop. I believe him. That's unfortunately why we must never stop either. Also, faith should really be left out of this (goes for INGO too).

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm sure my left leaning friends on FB won't be posting up 'just think about what good this money would do to feed hunger' or 'we could provide job training for returning soldiers'...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know I just stated the obvious. Well at least this group does not have our heads in the sand. Trust me the media eats this junk up. All about the marketing and who has the best story.

Sorry if that sounded a bit flippant. I couldn't help addressing the lighter side of a serious thought! :):

Top Bottom