• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Well, if you're gonna do something, do it right - that's what I always say!

You go, girl!

"...I am woman, hear me roar...."

gtmerkley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Farm Near St Anthony, Indiana
    In high school I took LE training we took a shot of rubbing alcohol pushed it around in our mouth and spit it out when I was breathalyzed 10 seconds later I tested .5 And that was as high as the tester would go. Maybe the same thing happened hear.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    This "idiot child" was 45 years old! The highest I've personally seen was .545, drunk on dollar-store mouthwash. I have heard of .7+, but that person was left with minimal brain function and required permanent nursing home care. I know the one is no longer among the living and I would not call the second one's existence "living" at all.

I don't know what makes some people able to drink to this level of excess, but I really wish they would choose more wisely.

Blessings,
    Bill

"Idiot Child" is the term I reserve for anyone, regardless of age, who does something so seriously stupid that you wonder about their mental age. It is not an insult I throw lightly. I've worked enough results of drunk drivers that I have some pretty extreme issues with those who choose to do so. The sad part is not enough DDs kill themselves without taking other people with them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I remember a Rutgers study that showed some hard core alcoholics can remain ambulatory at .70, but driving? Wow!

I knew someone that blew somewhere around .5, he was pulled over because a tail light was out and passed the field sobriety tests. :n00b: The LEO thought his breathalyzer was screwed up until he got him to the station and found out that the guy did have that high of a level. He couldn't believe that the guy was still able to walk and talk let alone pass the field tests. Yes he took him to the hospital. The guy drank something like a 1.75L a day, every day. :alcoholic:I didn't believe him until I saw the police report.

This "idiot child" was 45 years old! The highest I've personally seen was .545, drunk on dollar-store mouthwash. I have heard of .7+, but that person was left with minimal brain function and required permanent nursing home care. I know the one is no longer among the living and I would not call the second one's existence "living" at all.

I don't know what makes some people able to drink to this level of excess, but I really wish they would choose more wisely.

Blessings,
    Bill

I worked with a guy that had a BAC of I think about .7 one time, but he didn't get it from drinking. The company I worked for processed burning alcohol for Eli Lilly, we'd get the dredges from their tanks and centrifuge out the solids and ship the alcohol back, they think he had the bright idea of going out and opening up one of the valves to sniff the fumes to get a buzz:dumbass:, and passed out with the valve open and continued to breath the fumes and get soaked in the liquid that was dribbling out of the valve. They didn't find him for several hours, his shift ended 2 hours before they found him and they have no idea of just when he went out there. He was messed up afterwards, although IMO he was messed up to begin with for doing it in the first place so....:dunno:

Whats almost amusing about it, is in the hospital they gave him an ethanol IV, either to keep him from crashing too fast or because of possible methanol poisoning.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Holy Bovines! A BAC over .7, driving a stolen vehicle, and doesn't even crash the thing? Then repeats the feat. Is that even possible? What are the odds? Just living through a BAC of .7 lends new meaning to the term "tolerance"

Top Bottom