• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Shouldn't Indiana be as awash in blood as Chicago then?

This is not an argument I would use. Indianapolis has a higher violent crime rate and homicide rate than Chicago on a per capita basis.

You mid-staters, something to be proud of.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is not an argument I would use. Indianapolis has a higher violent crime rate and homicide rate than Chicago on a per capita basis.

You mid-staters, something to be proud of.

OK............Not something the average guy down here is proud of. The revolving door idiocy of the Marion Co. court system is a freaking joke.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Not sure what you mean by that, but you struck a chord. Indiana could probably blame a lot of it's drug issues on the influx from Chicago.

i know on the Terra Haute news that once a month or more they bust someone from Chicago for drugs.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Shouldn't Indiana be as awash in blood as Chicago then?

The last sentence in the article probably blew his mind when Issa said it.

Just some context. It was a great line:
    [Blitzer] said, “You could go to Indiana and buy a gun legally a lot easier than in Illinois. You could go to a gun show and you don’t necessarily need a background check to legally purchase a weapon that you drive back to Illinois, go back to Chicago, and kill someone.”

Issa responded, “If the ease of acquiring guns was the problem Gary, Indiana, would be the crime capital, not Chicago.”

It's a question I've always posed to people when they blame Chicago's violence on Indiana's less restrictive gun laws. If Indiana's lax gun laws is the cause of Chicago's urban violence, then why isn't Indiana's urban violence even higher than Chicago's? You should consider the likelihood that having strict gun laws isn't preventing urban violence.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    New York is surrounded by more than just New Jersey and Connecticut. Vermont, whose gun laws would fit on a 3-by-5 card, also borders New York. Somehow we are to believe that a magic force field prevents guns from entering from Vermont but not New Jersey.

I think we only need a one-line gun control law.

Don't shoot nuthin' that don't need shot.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I think we only need a one-line gun control law.

Don't shoot nuthin' that don't need shot.

Nah, as good of a rule as that is, it's way to simple and logical for the .gov to adopt.

We need much harsher penalties for those committing the crimes. make them truly regret doing whatever it was that got them arrested in the first place.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just some context. It was a great line:
    [Blitzer] said, “You could go to Indiana and buy a gun legally a lot easier than in Illinois. You could go to a gun show and you don’t necessarily need a background check to legally purchase a weapon that you drive back to Illinois, go back to Chicago, and kill someone.”

Issa responded, “If the ease of acquiring guns was the problem Gary, Indiana, would be the crime capital, not Chicago.”

It's a question I've always posed to people when they blame Chicago's violence on Indiana's less restrictive gun laws. If Indiana's lax gun laws is the cause of Chicago's urban violence, then why isn't Indiana's urban violence even higher than Chicago's? You should consider the likelihood that having strict gun laws isn't preventing urban violence.

Especially when Gary was once the murder capitol. It wasn't till federal involvement did they start to fix the problem.

Top Bottom