• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    So I picked up my M&P today, and along with it, A Bladetech Nano IWB Holster. I have to tell you, I was disappointed when I went to holster it and it didn't fit right. You see, I ordered an M&P with the thumb saftey (it was a compromise I made with my wife to help her feel more comfortable with a handgun in the house, I have kids) and the bladetech is for one without the saftey. Long story short, I talked to bladetech on the phone today and got the ok to modify my holster (I have quite a bit of experience working with thermoplastics) without voiding my warranty. FYI For any others considering this combo, bladetech expects to have a holster out for the M&P's with a saftey in around 3 months. Below are before and after pictures.
    DZh8nwobHZMbwMCxM560znhBvaMpedWjcxTnYNoAS98

IMAG0037.jpg

Holstered, before mods. See how the safety forces the holster out away.

xgenr4_Dq6U9xT3nOzW_zHhBvaMpedWjcxTnYNoAS98
    IMAG0036.jpg

Marked for the cutout

bgJYRHpBzjGoUB5jMRoxNnhBvaMpedWjcxTnYNoAS98
    IMAG0040.jpg

After the cutout

T9FXIWzYlcOgf3rrapG-6XhBvaMpedWjcxTnYNoAS98
    IMAG0042.jpg

Holstered, saftey exposed
    IMAG0043.jpg

From the rear, holster now flush

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Hi! I run the social media channels for Blade-Tech. I want to make sure you're well taken care of should you need additional assistance with this. Would you mind messaging me?

Thanks!!

Tessa

So I picked up my M&P today, and along with it, A Bladetech Nano IWB Holster. I have to tell you, I was disappointed when I went to holster it and it didn't fit right. You see, I ordered an M&P with the thumb saftey (it was a compromise I made with my wife to help her feel more comfortable with a handgun in the house, I have kids) and the bladetech is for one without the saftey. Long story short, I talked to bladetech on the phone today and got the ok to modify my holster (I have quite a bit of experience working with thermoplastics) without voiding my warranty. FYI For any others considering this combo, bladetech expects to have a holster out for the M&P's with a saftey in around 3 months. Below are before and after pictures.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    FYI: I don't think either one of you will be able to PM until you have 50 posts.

On topic: I'm not really one to rely on a safety for protection (I'm a C&L 1911 guy) but your safety is likely to come off with that cut out like that. I don't think that it renders the gun unsafe- especially since many people carry them without thumb safeties at all, just wondered if there was a plan for that.

HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    FYI: I don't think either one of you will be able to PM until you have 50 posts.

On topic: I'm not really one to rely on a safety for protection (I'm a C&L 1911 guy) but your safety is likely to come off with that cut out like that. I don't think that it renders the gun unsafe- especially since many people carry them without thumb safeties at all, just wondered if there was a plan for that.

I do not use the safety when it is on my side. The only reason it is there is that it made my wife more comfortable with having a handgun in the house. Up until now I have only had a rifle (with a safety) and a single shot shotgun. I have three young children, and I am always careful with my guns, but having the safety on the gun makes her more comfortable with it being here when I don't have it with me. It's just one more thing that makes it safer if, God forbid, one of them (or someone else for that matter) got their hands on it somehow.

On a side note; I removed and reholstered the gun multiple times while making the mod. The way it is set up currently, the rigidity and shape of the holster does not allow the gun to cant far enough to release the safety when it is being removed from the holster. I carry IWB behind my right hip and can remove and reholster the weapon with the safety on without releasing it if desired, though it will never be carried that way save for that trial. :-)

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I do not use the safety when it is on my side. The only reason it is there is that it made my wife more comfortable with having a handgun in the house. Up until now I have only had a rifle (with a safety) and a single shot shotgun. I have three young children, and I am always careful with my guns, but having the safety on the gun makes her more comfortable with it being here when I don't have it with me. It's just one more thing that makes it safer if, God forbid, one of them (or someone else for that matter) got their hands on it somehow.

On a side note; I removed and reholstered the gun multiple times while making the mod. The way it is set up currently, the rigidity and shape of the holster does not allow the gun to cant far enough to release the safety when it is being removed from the holster. I carry IWB behind my right hip and can remove and reholster the weapon with the safety on without releasing it if desired, though it will never be carried that way save for that trial. :-)

:yesway:

Top Bottom