Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yup... Here's a good video of the street shooting that also explains where the "hands up" still comes from... the video was taken from one side of the street while a still photographer was shooting pictures from the other side of the street. This was new news to me, but explains the stills.

RE-watching the video confirms my original impression. At the sound of the gunshot that strikes the skate board assailant, Grosskreutz immediately "cowers" and covers his head for a fraction of a second, then resumes his motion, lowering the gun hand, advances a couple steps and is shot in the arm.

The still photographs only appear to show "surrender" if the first still is ignored, when he was still cowering down as well as the third still which shows that he had advanced and closed the distance to Kyle on the ground. Only the second still, for an instance, appears to show "surrender". (notably, another would be attacker just several feet away, maybe 10?, DID surrender, backed away, and was not shot)

And that is just on the basis of the video. As Jamil reminded, lefty's friend recounted on twitter that from the hospital he (Grosskreutz) wished he hadn't "hesitated" but instead had emptied his magazine into Kyle. That's what I see, a hesitation at the report of the rifle mere feet away, then an almost immediate resumption of an attempt to attack.
    (2:19)

[video=youtube;EYjG4uequWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYjG4uequWQ&bpctr=1599335485[/video]

You are right; I see the handle cycled now. I didn't see that before.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    I think the kid's rifle malfunctioned while shooting the skateboard guy.

The kid tries shoot the advancing glock guy who puts his hands up in an "oh **** I am getting shot" response.
    The kid realizes he has a dead trigger and racks the charging handle.
    Glock guy tries to press the kid while the kid is racking the rifle, but is a hair slow and the kid pops him in the arm.

Not sure, but that is what it looks like to me. If that is what happened, kudos to the kid for instantly racking the rifle on a malfunction instead of just starring at it for even a half second. He didn't have half a second to waste.

The arm noodle guy (glock guy) put his hands up as a ploy to show he's not a threat, only to immediately advance on Kyle and try to shoot him execution style.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's just good quality entertainment there.
    I've caught my pants on fire at the steel mill and I still :rofl:
    Course, I think I handled it better.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    They even extinguished it with a white substance. Clearly white supremacist behavior.

I think you mean, white powder!

72vT.gif

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, either he did or she lied... not seeing a man with one arm angle. :)...

That was the Rittenhouse case. ;)

You shoot a Hitler in the back in front of his 3 kids, and I'd probably object.

Even if this guy was a sexual predator, you don't kill him in front of his kids. That he is not dead is karma.

If he didn't want to get shot in front of his kids, he should not have fought the police in front of them.

Were they definitely "his" kids? Or just the kids of his baby-mama? And I would not have hesitated to kill Hitler in front of his kids (if he had any). Why did he put his kids into that situation? Does he share no blame for that? You're way more forgiving (and encouraging of bad behavior) than I am I guess.

This. What happened to Blake was Blake's fault. I've had a lot of interactions with police, and yes, I'm White, but I've seen a lot more than I've had, and it's not racial. The people who get violent police responses are the people who initiate violence, not the ones who act respectfully.

One would think that if you have been non compliant and tased, not once but twice the situation is escalating pretty quickly and any level of force after non lethal may be a very real possibility.

Interesting point: Rayshard Brooks attempted twice to tase police officers, but his shooting was vilified. Jacob Blake was tased twice and shrugged it off, but he's the supposed "hero", to BLM? and should not have been shot? It's almost like they want two standards: If you're Black, you can do whatever you want and the police will not stop you. If you're White, you should be arrested and jailed for that alone.

I can't get over someone thinking that government creates wealth. :n00b:

It does. For those in government. How many Congress-critters and former Presidents come out of so-called "public service" NOT being substantially more wealthy than they entered?

Now Blake assaulted the woman? That day?

The facts just keep rolling in.........

The reports I've heard are that he "digitally and nonconsensually penetrated her and told her it "smelled like (she'd) been with other men".

Okay. That’s fair. In the video breakdowns I’ve seen, it does look to me that there was a knife. With the quality of video zoomed in, maybe it wasn’t. They went lethal for a reason that does not appear to have anything to do with corruption. As I’ve said before, I can’t say that it was a good shoot—but short of evidence that it was a bad shoot, I’m not gonna say it was a criminal action. Possibly that it was an unnecessary shoot.

Two different knives, maybe? But if so, why was he not shot for the one in his hand when he rounded the front of the vehicle? Was he entering the vehicle to leave, or to retrieve the second knife on the floorboard of the driver side? Lots of questions raised on this point.

And ditcherman......

Well I did just work really hard to put BOR back in his place!...

tenor.gif

Blessings,
    Bill

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just a slight aside to your comment my good friend.....:)

When I and CKW both made our calls to Discover we were civil and spoke very mildly until the "In the trench" dip:poop: started into their script and would not STFU. After several attempts on both our parts to cut this idiocy short to no avail the burners were turned up to the appropriate levels so we could GTFO the phone and get on with our lives. HMOG those people are irritating. Yes I know they have a set script for any issues they deal with but man, when the customer asks them to stop then STFU, cancel my damned account and let me get off this phone.........Argh.

They had no desire to be cooperative after we stated our reasoning to cancel.

I guess I got lucky. The only script I got was at the very end... where they got super duper legal "if you close this accound you understand you will have to reapply, correct?" "and you agree by closing this account any monies you owe will still be owed, and any cashback owed by discover will be sent via check within x weeks?"

Outside of that, at the very beginning the retention guy tried to be my buddy and thank me for their business since x year, thanking me for doing a balance transfer (that they made $0 off of because we paid it off LOL) . I guess to get me to change my mind. But the legalese script at the end that took maybe 2 minutes was all there was. And understandably required.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I have no problem laughing my head off. This attack was meant for the police but misfired. **** 'em.

[video=youtube_share;7C0Z8dh83Ro]https://youtu.be/7C0Z8dh83Ro[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why is it that the only fascist I ever notice at these riots are the mother ****ers calling themselves anti-fascist?

Because you have to fight [STRIKE]fire[/STRIKE] fascism with [STRIKE]fire[/STRIKE] fascism.

Sadly, what they are fighting is only their perception, not reality.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    watch
    [video=youtube;7C6IGSoPCWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C6IGSoPCWg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have no problem laughing my head off. This attack was meant for the police but misfired. **** 'em.

[video=youtube_share;7C0Z8dh83Ro]https://youtu.be/7C0Z8dh83Ro[/video]

I never ceases to amaze me how fast YouTube can take down something which is negative of the woke, antiFA, communist, marxist, anarchist bunch, or is positive for the Constitutionalist, conservative, moral side of the divide; but can't seem to take down that which is the reverse. No matter how perverse.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It's like it's OK to throw molotov's.

Best not attempt that outside of Portland. There might just be fire suppression with 5.56's

The important take-away from this video is that it went down in a residential neighborhood. A Molotov cocktail that was not thrown towards a government building, not in a public square, but in front of houses. Consider an accident where that errant toss landed on a front porch with a child sleeping inside the home or someone elderly and not very mobile. 5.56 is a very appropriate response to someone lighting a Molotov cocktail. I would see it no differently than someone drawing a gun to attack someone or myself.

-rvb

Top Bottom