Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Germans were interned in WW1 and WW2 as well.

It isn't a racial matter.

Ya, I’m gonna disagree with this part. Putting people in internment camps based on their race is a racial matter. Just because germans happen to be white doesn’t excuse it as being non racially motivated, if you lock up people who belong to the German race just because of their membership to said race, it’s 100% a racial matter.

Anyways. Carry on

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Is an organization that excludes some folks from membership based on their race a racist organization?

Let's take the Congressional Black Caucus as an example.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Is an organization that excludes some folks from membership based on their race a racist organization?

Yes. 100%. Just like black only scholarships, or businesses receiving extra incentives for being minority owned...

We can quibble over equality until the cows come home, but giving particular groups rewards that aren’t available to everyone is blatantly not supporting equality.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since we are only for reparations when people are still alive then I guess we should start clamoring for our social security going to a surviving spouse to be terminated. They didn't do anything to deserve our social security since it's based on what we earned!

Maybe even be in favor of death taxes. Our heirs don't deserve that money! They didn't earn it.

I would think you would know that your spouse doesn't get your social security, she can only receive the difference between what you claimed and what she has claimed - and I believe that the genesis for that is if you die before her she may be forced to claim social security at an early, inopportune time due to a lack of other income. It is not available, I believe , to a wife who is ineligible for SS

The comparison is a total non sequitur. A more apt comparison, while still a meaningless stretch, would be whether a wife could get your great, great, great grandfather's social security (if such a thing existed)

What next? Compensate people for the stock market investments their ancestors might have made but didn't :rolleyes:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Ya, I’m gonna disagree with this part. Putting people in internment camps based on their race is a racial matter. Just because germans happen to be white doesn’t excuse it as being non racially motivated, if you lock up people who belong to the German race just because of their membership to said race, it’s 100% a racial matter.

Anyways. Carry on

Do you really not know the difference between race an nationality?

Didn’t hitler refer to them as the German race?

So now everything Hitler said is true?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now Blake assaulted the woman? That day?

The facts just keep rolling in.........

What has that to do with the point? Regardless of what he did prior, if he complies, the odds are heavily in his favor that he could still walk today. He might still be in jail, but he'd be walking.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would think you would know that your spouse doesn't get your social security, she can only receive the difference between what you claimed and what she has claimed - and I believe that the genesis for that is if you die before her she may be forced to claim social security at an early, inopportune time due to a lack of other income. It is not available, I believe , to a wife who is ineligible for SS

The comparison is a total non sequitur. A more apt comparison, while still a meaningless stretch, would be whether a wife could get your great, great, great grandfather's social security (if such a thing existed)

What next? Compensate people for the stock market investments their ancestors might have made but didn't :rolleyes:
    I can confirm that. My mother does not get my deceased father's SS because she gets a government(teacher's) pension.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't think America is all THAT authoritarian though. It's more authoritarian than I want it to be. But compared to the rest of the world, not all that much. I don't have the statistics in front of me, but compliance with police in America is the best predictor of a safe encounter, not race. But I think you still make a good point because there is a perception in the US in certain cultural areas (far left/libertiran/inner city) that exceeds the actual reality of how authoritarian police are, and how race alone will impact an encounter. So it is more of a guarantee than some people perceive, but their perception influences the way they react. I think many police departments have been trying to change the perception with community based policing and whatnot, but then something like the George Floyd death happens and then groups try to exploit it politically, and forward narratives that aren't true. So then whatever ground was gained in fixing the perceptions is lost because of one ******* cop.

I agree that many LEO's carry out their assignments to the best of their ability and in a manner that would generally make us proud if we were their parents.

But that isn't everyone. And that isn't every department.

The Rampart Division Scandal was late 1990's.

According to Wikipedia, there were 6,724 cases involving the arrests of 5,545 sworn officers across the nation between 2005 and 2011 for a variety of criminal acts.

Percentage-wise, that's not significant. However, as an absolute number that generates press and affirms suspicion of police corruption, it is significant.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Yes. 100%. Just like black only scholarships, or businesses receiving extra incentives for being minority owned...

We can quibble over equality until the cows come home, but giving particular groups rewards that aren’t available to everyone is blatantly not supporting equality.

And here is Indiana's very own....

https://indianahousedemocrats.org/members/iblc/iblc-members

I guess racism is more common than I would have thought.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Should Reagan have reimbursed the Japanese or not?

I honestly dont have an opinion because I havent put that much thought into it. (how racist of me).

How about you not answer my question with another question? Dodge much?

Once again, what does Japanese internments have to do with keeping the brother down?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am in favor of all wealth being returned to the government upon death so everyone starts from square one. No one gets wealth handed to them based on another person's demise.After all if poverty cant be recognized as generational then neither should wealth.

If you want some else to have your stuff then give it to them before you die and the government takes it all.

[So, if I'm John Pierpont Morgan and I distribute the lion's share of my wealth to my descendants in the twilight of my life, we're all good? i don't think that jibes with your 'no one get's wealth handed to them based on another person's demise' in any but the most cursory way, nor will it support 'wealth being returned to the government upon death'. It also fails to some of the motivation to do well in life is to provide a better life for your children]

Government forces me to give FICA to them in exchange for a return. It's a contract. I say we clamor to break that contract for spouses that did nothing to earn it. Let's end free handouts! Rally to the cause!

Was any of that supposed to be purple?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Japanese internment

I don't agree with reparations there either, but at least there is a better case for that. It was a specific action ordered by the President himself, rather than just being a long term practice or policy that began to run out of favor as morality matured. Obviously people were hurt by that in many ways as a result of that action. And obviously the loss of wealth certainly impacted the children thereafter, but how do you even calculate that loss collectively? Japanese Americans should have been able to sue the government for damages, case by case, but America was what it was then. Just to give families of Japanese Americans some arbitrary sum, today (or at least in Reagan's day) I'm just not inclined to support that. It's not reciprocally fair.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Let's not.

f054c6b9cec94fb3d31069d3e83e806b.gif

Top Bottom