Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And we now have another case in Los Angeles where a black man is stopped for riding a bike in a manner that law enforcement felt was worthy of a citation. Man ran, dropped gun from bundle he had been carrying....and the officers opened up.

Admittedly, details are sketchy, but do we really need an LA riot?

And bike citations? Really?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And we now have another case in Los Angeles where a black man is stopped for riding a bike in a manner that law enforcement felt was worthy of a citation. Man ran, dropped gun from bundle he had been carrying....and the officers opened up.

If the media is saying he dropped a gun, I'm going to go ahead and assume that he had been shooting at cops beforehand.

That seems to be about the right margin of error to correct for.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, that's not what the media reports. Apparently, the gun was in a bundle (of clothes?) that he dropped. Gun became visible when on ground. THEN cops fired.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Bike citations? Really? You're right... let's not issue citations for minor violations.

What about non-moving traffic violations, such as equipment and registration? Really? Let's not issue violations for these minor violations, either.

What about moving traffic violations? You know, like speeding, or running red lights? Really? Let's not issue violations for these minor violations, either. They're mostly infractions, and punishable by fine only.

What about minor public order crimes? Stuff where no one gets hurt, like public intoxication or criminal mischief? Really? Let's not make arrests for these minor misdemeanors, either.

What about other minor crimes, like misdemeanor theft? You know, where less than $750 in other people's stuff is taken? Really? Is that a good use of law enforcement time?

I could keep going. My point is the police do not set the policy, as enacted in laws. That is the province of legislative bodies.

If you don't believe that behaviors should be crimes or punishable as infractions, then advocate the legislature abolish the violation.

This incident is a stark reminder that every police-citizen interaction could, if things go terribly wrong, result in death.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well, that's not what the media reports. Apparently, the gun was in a bundle (of clothes?) that he dropped. Gun became visible when on ground. THEN cops fired.
    Maybe he went for it? Dash cam footage might get released soon, to quiet the public

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Right now with the events going on all over the country you would think cops would be extremely hesitant to shoot, even in cases where it would be justified. I hate that, because it’s probably going to lead to officers being killed because they hesitated, but situations like the one you’re describing doesn’t do any justice for them. Hopefully there’s more details to this that will be revealed through body cams or surveillance video, because the last thing the country needs is another major city being burnt to the ground. Especially in California, where it will be encouraged to spiral out of control and left to its own demise.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Well, if a black man breaking up a fight between two women and getting shot in the back while walking to his car causes riots in Wisconsin...

You gotta think a black man shot for riding a bike in LA will cause riots there. Only seems fair.

(for those that are purple impaired, this is extreme sarcasm meaning wait until we know some facts beyond the often incorrect immediate narrative... Kenosha riots now look like they were in support of a man wanted for sexual assault who stole his ex-gf's keys and was about steal her car with her kids in it while armed with a knife when shot)

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    How about....we stop shooting unarmed people for awhile?

You mean that unarmed people cannot be dangerous enough that force, including deadly force is justified? What about the kid who was about to be smacked in the head by a skateboard, then left, probably unconscious, to the whims of the crowd?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Bike citations? Really? You're right... let's not issue citations for minor violations.

What about non-moving traffic violations, such as equipment and registration? Really? Let's not issue violations for these minor violations, either.

What about moving traffic violations? You know, like speeding, or running red lights? Really? Let's not issue violations for these minor violations, either. They're mostly infractions, and punishable by fine only.

What about minor public order crimes? Stuff where no one gets hurt, like public intoxication or criminal mischief? Really? Let's not make arrests for these minor misdemeanors, either.

What about other minor crimes, like misdemeanor theft? You know, where less than $750 in other people's stuff is taken? Really? Is that a good use of law enforcement time?

I could keep going. My point is the police do not set the policy, as enacted in laws. That is the province of legislative bodies.

If you don't believe that behaviors should be crimes or punishable as infractions, then advocate the legislature abolish the violation.

This incident is a stark reminder that every police-citizen interaction could, if things go terribly wrong, result in death.

I believe in San Francisco they won’t charge anyone for theft under $1,000.00

I saw a video a couple weeks ago of people just walking into a store and filling their pockets/backpacks with stuff and walking out. Why in the world would I open a business there if my property can be taken without consequence? What motivation does that give people to NOT steal my ****?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Actually....yeah. Let's get rid of chicken**** laws. In some of the items on your list, they represent taxation enforced by a cop.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I believe in San Francisco they won’t charge anyone for theft under $1,000.00

I saw a video a couple weeks ago of people just walking into a store and filling their pockets/backpacks with stuff and walking out. Why in the world would I open a business there if my property can be taken without consequence? What motivation does that give people to NOT steal my ****?

Exactly; people will do what they can get away with. The prosecutors there (and in Chicago) have made the decision that your stuff isn't valuable enough, so long as someone doesn't take too much of it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You mean that unarmed people cannot be dangerous enough that force, including deadly force is justified? What about the kid who was about to be smacked in the head by a skateboard, then left, probably unconscious, to the whims of the crowd?

Oh puhleeze. Specious formulas of justification are beneath the intelligence level of most INGO members. Try harder.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Oh puhleeze. Specious formulas of justification are beneath the intelligence level of most INGO members. Try harder.

Interesting. There are literally an infinite variety of situations that can occur, and determining whether a line that has been crossed that would justify the imposition of a charge or the application of force is not exact. We have to put the line somewhere, and helping determine where that line lies keeps attorneys in full employment.

And I don't think the Kyle Rittenhouse skateboard example is specious.

And that was kind of a slam on the average INGO member.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Because Ben Crump said so? Hmmm...

So he trooped his kids over with him to his ex-gfs house, stole her keys to her car and had the kids load up?

No, because post-shooting quotes in the press/video claim that his 3 kids (oldest 8 y.o.?) witnessed their dad being shot by the cop.

And stolen? I could think of a situation whereby it was his car, or he made the payments on the vehicle. And since his kids were in the car, there is likely more to the story than "black dude stole car keys while threatening with knife". Can't you?

And just because you or I may have a storybook marriage doesn't mean that everybody does...or even that we represent a majority of present 21st century relationships.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom