Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks for asking, Chip. I said what I said because he went there, armed, knowing the likelihood was high that he would need the gun. Whatever other purposes he had did not require a rifle.
    Cleaning graffiti does not require a rifle.
    Providing medical aid, in and of itself, does not require a rifle. In my time on the ambulance, there were some times I wished I could carry, but it was pointed out to me that if I needed the gun, I didn’t need to be there; that you protect yourself first (by absence) because there is nothing more useless than a dead medic; that the very first question is always always always, “Is the scene secure?” If the answer is no, you don’t belong there.

i have wondered but not asked who the hell asks a 17yr old kid to provide security for his car lot.... does the owner not sell enough cars to hire a real, bonded security agency??

All of this, to me says either that he was looking for a fight or knew the chance was high that one would find him.

To me, that leads to one conclusion: Stay the F away, especially if you’re going there on your own. Obv if you’re paid EMS, that is not a valid option.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill
    I don’t think that the fact that he went there, and accepted carrying the firearm, is evidence enough to judge his motives. While I don’t see him as a hero to worship, I also don’t see him as a villain. But I do agree with you that he acted unwisely. He made a series of poor decisions, which to him seemed perfectly fine, but helped bring about the inevitabilities of the evening.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How does one know when to have a gun? It would be super convenient to know.
    That seems pretty easy to answer, I carry a gun pretty much whenever I’m going somewhere where I’m legally allowed. But if I’m going somewhere that I’d only go because I’m armed, that’s an indicator that I shouldn’t go there.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana

For those who didn' t bother to listen to it, it's an interview with a guy who says he was there, on the roof with Rittenhouse's group. He says Rittenhouse was there with his older brother but got separated when he went to give someone medical treatment. Then he got into trouble with the crowd when he tried to extinguish a fire in a burning car.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    For those who didn' t bother to listen to it, it's an interview with a guy who says he was there, on the roof with Rittenhouse's group. He says Rittenhouse was there with his older brother but got separated when he went to give someone medical treatment. Then he got into trouble with the crowd when he tried to extinguish a fire in a burning car.
    Thank you for the summary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you're not pissed enough watch this.

[video=youtube;75uwKcD3dv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75uwKcD3dv4[/video]
    BLM and their leaders who have instigated all this violence should be brought to justice. Jail. And they should have to pay reparations to all the businesses across the nation for their losses.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Found a "different perspective" coming from one of the super liberal areas of downstate Illinois.

https://www.wcia.com/news/skateboarders-honor-anthony-huber-protestor-fatally-shot-in-kenosha/

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — Skateboarders held a vigil in downtown Champaign to honor the memory of Anthony Huber.
    He was one of three victims shot in Kenosha, Wisconsin, Wisconsin last Tuesday. Huber tried to use his skateboard to disarm 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse after the Illinois teenager shot and killed a protester.
    Cellphone footage shows Huber later trying to wrestle that rifle away from Rittenhouse. Grisly video footage shows Rittenhouse shooting Huber in the chest – killing him.
    Huber’s girlfriend told CNN he pushed her out of the way right before he ran toward the danger.
    “It’s really close to home, Kenosha, Wisconsin, and I just think that a lot of people related to Anthony Huber and just like doing the right thing. So I think we are here to honor him and keep that solidarity going with different acts of protesting,” says Meghan McDonald, co-organizer of the event.
    The memorial ended at Spaulding Skate Park, where they took a moment of silence for all victims of police and vigilante violence.
    Rittenhouse is facing homicide charges.

I realy don't know what to say about it, Jim.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That seems pretty easy to answer, I carry a gun pretty much whenever I’m going somewhere where I’m legally allowed. But if I’m going somewhere that I’d only go because I’m armed, that’s an indicator that I shouldn’t go there.

What are those places for you?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    What's happening in the US reminds me way too much of what transpired in Mexico.
    We'll trudge along that same path once the removal of the middle class is consolidated.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    BLM and their leaders who have instigated all this violence should be brought to justice. Jail. And they should have to pay reparations to all the businesses across the nation for their losses.

What is litmus for “instigated?” Those who explicitly call for violence and destruction, sure, I get it. Charge them. But from what I’ve seen, you’d have to really take a generous poetic license to turn those words into a legitimate charge. But admittedly, I don’t follow the ramblings of the BLM organization, so there might be something I am unaware.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    That’s actually not relevant.
    Wait what?
    My take on this is we're passing judgment on the Kenosha Kid, and fleshing out the proper way for this to be handled the next time, if there is a next time, so we can be a better society. So for those preaching the stay at home message, what I read as "roll over and let the bad guys take over more", I feel like it is relevant.
    I would have to say, the most
    dangerous place I go is church. Yea, maybe I don't get out much (or maybe I live/work in a really safe place). So when I'm reading this, and I'm sure I'm not alone, I'm literally hearing stay home from church. Now I know you are talking about walking downtown at midnight all geared up, but that's not really what those words (don't go if you feel the need to carry) mean.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

Where is it that you would only go if armed?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What is litmus for “instigated?” Those who explicitly call for violence and destruction, sure, I get it. Charge them. But from what I’ve seen, you’d have to really take a generous poetic license to turn those words into a legitimate charge. But admittedly, I don’t follow the ramblings of the BLM organization, so there might be something I am unaware.
    When you tell people that all white people are racists, that denying it confirms they’re racist, that silence is violence, that to be the ally of black people, white people must be anti-racists, and that means fighting “racists”, that no lives matter until black lives matter, that all white people owe all black people, that all the problems in black communities is the fault of white people, that it is the right of black people and their “anti-racist” allies to riot, loot, and burn people’s businesses, THATS instigation in any sane universe.

Marquis Love punted a white guy’s head and said while in hiding, that he was afraid he’s going to jail for fighting a racist. He’s actually surprised that what he did was wrong; he was only doing what BLM told him to do! BLM is responsible for that to the extent that they conned him into believing a lie, that all white people are racists, and black people cannot be racists, and that violence is justified. Marquis Love is a racist, inspired by the racist words of BLM.

***damn straight, hold them accountable for that. Jail them. Make them pay reparations for all the government property they destroyed. And and let everyone who was harmed by their encouragement of violence upon them sue BLM for their losses. People should also sue every person identified as having participated in the destruction of their property and personal injury.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    That's because too many on INGO would rather use a microscope to criticize the flaws of a good person than pay proper attention to the malevolence and criminality that he was confronted with. I asked several pages back about any charges against any of the rioters. Not a single answer was given.

Ha! Thought you were being sarcastic and ironic... you do realize the times we live in... that the foot soldiers of the left will not be charged for their crimes because they advance or attempt to advance the cause.

Your comment can be read two ways. I was being serious.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Not that it's a big deal, but for the sake of accuracy, only two of the three that the kid shot were felons. Skateboard guy had only been convicted of a class A misdemeanor for carrying a weapon while intoxicated.

Why We’ve Decided to Tell You the Criminal Records of the Men Shot in Kenosha

I was also trying to understand what kind of person would go off unarmed, chasing a young man carrying a rifle. Red shirt guy's prison record from Arizona might shed some light on that...

rosenbaum-e1598636456970.png

Rational thought doesn't seem to be something he was known for.

Top Bottom