Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I personally see something from all of this, well many things....
    But one that stands out is LEO does no good.. more effective is law abiding citizens being allowed to protect themselves and property.. but there in is the catch 22.. if people are allowed to defend themselves and property (legitimately) then the need for state powers is lessened and the state does not want that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    My understanding is yes. They started actively enforcing the curfew. Hearsay though -- I've been trying to follow what's going on since and pretty much all searches just pop up Rittenhouse stuff, so... Hard to get a handle on current situation.

Have the Kenosha riots settled down since the three felons got shot?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The boy took an AR up to Wisconsin to clean graffiti.

At night.

In the middle of the street.

Yeah, right.
    Like I said before, I really wish he hadn't done that and I really wish that the police had when they were assaulted.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

At night.

Yeah, right.
    Like I said before, I really wish he hadn't done that and I really wish that the police had when they were assaulted.

What? None of that is true. He worked as a lifeguard that day in Kenosha, then went to clean up graffiti, borrowed a friend's rifle (from Wisconsin) and then went to protect the car dealership and provide medical assistance to protesters as needed. And then the rest of the stuff happened.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes. But I’m not hopeful. I’m thinking a visitor is about to pour gasoline on the embers.
    I agree. Kenosha already got a wake up call that they better step up enforcement. I don't think another visitor will be all that helpful. Especially the one you are referring to.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

At night.

Yeah, right.

Turned out to be a good idea, a pedophile and two other violent felons were willing to murder him for putting out a fire.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Im fairly confident you’re reading it wrong. Or more specifically, taking things from one section and applying it to another.
    Further, I have every confidence that Rittenhouse isn’t the first kid to get dinged for minor in possession of a dangerous weapon, and that case law will ultimately prove his possession of the rifle as being illegal.

I welcome you to point out my mis-reading. The sections are linked. Feel free to read them yourself, to find any error I might have made. I have read them multiple times, and I can find nothing in 29.304 or 29.593 that apply to long gun carry in general or to the specific circumstance here.

Let's break down the logical structure of 3c: "This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593." That structure is: "A, only if B or not [C and D]."

Do we agree that B does not apply? (An AR15 is not an SBR.)

So, that leaves us with C and D. Parse those two sections as you will. Show me how I am misinterpreting and/or mis-applying them to 948.60(3)(c).

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    That's because too many on INGO would rather use a microscope to criticize the flaws of a good person than pay proper attention to the malevolence and criminality that he was confronted with. I asked several pages back about any charges against any of the rioters. Not a single answer was given.

If it was you that posted pics of the Back Bag guy shooting the pistol, you should forward those pics to Kenosha PD immediately. Thank you.

They are probably currently trying to Id him, so they can file appropriate charges. I'm sure they are still fumbling through the book trying to decide what to charge "medic" guy with.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There's couple of attorneys in WI who specialize in gun rights cases who opined here. They both said that the section of the law that Chip cited was indeed intended for hunting, but could apply beyond that. One of the attorneys said that he "would argue to apply a rule of law that interprets ambiguous criminal statutes in favor of the defendant."

So I think it's far from certain either way. It would not bother me at all if the kid beat all the charges.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...osha-protest-shooting-17-year-old/3444231001/

I realize that lawyers are gonna lawyer, especially when attempting to divine (or abuse) legislative intent.

However, I cry foul here. Both (3)(a) (firearms training) and (3)(b) (national guard service) explicitly specify activities that are allowable exceptions to 948.60. If the legislative intent was to allow an exception for hunting, then (3)(c) could - and would - have been worded explicitly to define hunting as an allowable exception. (e.g. "This section does not apply to a person under 18 who possesses a long gun while hunting...")

But the legislature chose not to word (3)(c) in the same manner; rather, the legislature worded (3)(c) to exclude the entire section with respect to possession of long guns, with certain other limiters. Subsection (3)(c) is not a hunting carve-out; it is a long-gun carve-out.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Something something beam, something something mote.....

What Rittenhouse is guilty of is poor judgment, in seeking out a fight.

The homicide charges will depend on his lawyer’s skill- Evidence that has been made public seems to me to indicate self defense.

I wish him the best of luck.

Blessings,
    Bill

Pardon me Bill, sir, but this claim is utter and complete bull****. Before resorting to using justifiable deadly force in self-defense, Rittenhouse attempted at least three times to flee engagement/altercation. He was chased all three times. He was never the initial aggressor. He did not "seek out" anything.

I welcome you to prove any evidence to the contrary.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Some parts of INGO act like if you say anything critical of Rittenhouse, you’re ****ting on their god. I don’t feel like I need to prop up a hero in all this. Rittenhouse did some things right and he did some things wrong. It’s not a sin against the faithful to talk about both.

I do agree with you that I’m not gonna go most places with a gun that I wouldn’t go without one. I think it was unwise to go there, and this is just speculation, but I would be surprised if he spent any time verifying that Wisconsin’s age loophole could make him legal to carry it.

But I also think he wasn’t looking for a fight. He seemed to want to help people as much or more than protect property. If he wasn’t there the people that he treated would have had to endure until someone else with the training could show up. There are several things he did that were commendable. The poor judgement in some parts of that day don’t erase those.

Does it really have to be said? Well, it is INGO, so I guess it has to be said: once again, there is a difference between the wisdom of one's actions and the legality of those actions. I have little interest in debating the wisdom of the actions here - as in most such discussions. I am primarily interested in the legality.

Perhaps it can be said, though, that there does seem to be some correlation to deficiency in wisdom leading to situations in which one finds the lawful need to use deadly force in self-defense (stupid people, places, times, and things, and all that...). But beyond that, I'm not going to question him. People enjoy personal liberty, and the personal responsibility that comes with it. It bears little on me. Malicious prosecution of the law-abiding, however, has a much greater chance of impacting me or a loved one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Turned out to be a good idea, a pedophile and two other violent felons were willing to murder him for putting out a fire.
    I saw another video of the person dousing the fire. I don’t think that was Rittenhouse. I think it was related though. It may have been mistaken identity because the group Kyle was in had the same green tee shirts. But I can’t say for sure. It did look like Kyle running with the fire extinguisher and people chasing him.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

At night.

Yeah, right.

Conveniently enough, these do not appear to be the facts of the incident. Rather, the AR was already in Wisconsin. He went to WI (where he has friends) to help clean graffiti. While there, his group also got involved (by being asked), to help protect a private business that had been vandalized the two, previous nights. He also had a med pack with him, and was seen providing medical aid to protesters. He was only in the middle of the street because that's where he tripped and fell - after he had attempted, multiple times, to flee the physical aggressors who initiated the aggression and threatened him with harm.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My opinion is that the local government will pull out all the stops to prosecute and win. One thing those in power universally don't like is any form of vigilantism, even if they aren't doing their job of protecting the citizenry. It's a sad state of affairs, but I see this going to trial and the kid doing time for it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom