Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    An article that presents skaterboy as a hero, well his girlfriend's version anyway. This contradicts all video evidence but CNN gonna sell their version no matter what your eyes tell you.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/28/us/kenosha-wisconsin-protest-shooting-victims/index.html

And never mentions that Medic was pointing a gun at AR Kid when shot.
    When the suspect shot Huber, Grosskreutz froze, ducked to the ground and took a step back, according to the complaint. He puts his hands in the air and then began to move toward the suspect, the complaint says. The suspect fired one shot, hitting Grosskreutz in the arm, according to the complaint.

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Have you ever been so scared that you chased down a person with a rifle and tried to take it away?

I have been fortunate that I never have been in that type of situation. To be clear, I was not making excuses for redshirt, but saying he was showing some pre assault indicators in the vid where he was screaming "shoot me".

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I have been fortunate that I never have been in that type of situation. To be clear, I was not making excuses for redshirt, but saying he was showing some pre assault indicators in the vid where he was screaming "shoot me".

I was just reinforcing your point. Apparently there are those here who think the loud sex offender was scared.

He ain't scared no more. :)

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I will say this for skateboard guy and Glock guy in the paramedic hat; it's possible they thought the kid had just murdered their comrade in cold blood and they felt justified in attacking him.

I doubt it, cause that would make them brave. And people in these mobs are rarely described as brave.

The reverse of that, is seeing a person with a rifle walking the streets. Would a reasonable person be in fear too? And keep in mind, "fear" doesn't mean you have to run away or avoid.

Yeah that's what I thought initially too, until I saw that the 2 guys who were killed were both involved in confronting the armed group earlier. So it's clear that they knew he was not some random mass shooter on the rampage.

I think once Rittenhouse statements are out, it will show that he was in fear. Hopefully he kept his piehole shut until he spoke with a lawyer.

Unfortunately he didn't, nor did the friend that he phoned after shooting the first guy. The probable cause affidavit lists statements made by both of them as part of the evidence against him.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For some reason he was separated from the fold, and when he tried to return he was prohibited by the shepherd.

Alone he may have been/shown fear to the wolf that allegedly threatened him in some way. Otherwise why would the young man have run? When he finally stopped and faced his pursuer, the assailant continued to attempt physical contact. Why would you assume you would not be in fear in the same position. He then(it seems to me) fired in a panic. I say that because he stitched four rounds up the thug.

Now: You have shot a man. What do you do.

Me: Call 911! Stay at the scene and wait for police. I am being approached by more violent thugs, who may think I shot him in cold blood. If I have a brick wall to back up against I will take that position. I will stay on the line with 911 and keep them informed of the situation. I will inform them of my appearance and tell them that I will surrender to the police when they arrive.

In actuallity the thugs did not give him the opportunity to do that.

Hue and Cry: English common law, if a felon is running every able bodied man is required to chase and apprehend the offender.

The thugs may have believed that he had committed a felony and were attempting to capture him.

The shooter could only see a mob of thugs with I'll intent and defended himself.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Does anyone know how many of Rittenhouse's attackers have been arrested and/or charged? How about the injured guy?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Ok, I haven't watched all of the videos but most. Does anyone think that red shirt's head wound does not look consistent with a rifle wound? Yes, it was apparently fatal but the few head shots I've seen with 5.56 result in canoeing and a giant mess.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Ok, I haven't watched all of the videos but most. Does anyone think that red shirt's head wound does not look consistent with a rifle wound? Yes, it was apparently fatal but the few head shots I've seen with 5.56 result in canoeing and a giant mess.

I read the probable cause, the head wound was just a graze.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    118285282_2506182989680828_7638246281600453807_n.jpg

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Unfortunately he didn't, nor did the friend that he phoned after shooting the first guy. The probable cause affidavit lists statements made by both of them as part of the evidence against him.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing Rittenhouse statements in the probable cause? I see that it says he made statements

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    All the "experts" on police procedure (i.e. anyone who has seen two episodes of TJ Hooker and one or more episodes of Law and Order) always ask "couldn't they have just shot him in the leg/arm?"

I think the photos graphically demonstrate what can happen when one is "just" shot in the arm.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All the "experts" on police procedure (i.e. anyone who has seen two episodes of TJ Hooker and one or more episodes of Law and Order) always ask "couldn't they have just shot him in the leg/arm?"

I think the photos graphically demonstrate what can happen when one is "just" shot in the arm.

No, no, no. That is holywood zombie makeup! I have seen a bunch of guys shot with .45 Colt, and they just have a little spot of blood on their shirt. I love Westerns.

Notice that I correctly omitted "long".

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They conveniently left off the part where the first guy chasing this kid had a handgun and fired off shots.

1st video in the car lot you can clearly hear pistol shots followed by the rifle shots.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good catch, I thought the same.
    I'd bet he was around, though.

On another note, I'd hope that if I made the choice to go in there with a group that we'd back each other up a little more.

Same. But how many of us here actually get out and train with similar minded folks to work on the communications, team tactics and other critical components required for neighborhood patrol?

I'm sure some more than others, but so many think all they need is a rifle and half decent aim in order to show up and protect property. Do they expect if things get FUBAR a plan will just materialize and they'll know what to do?

I'm really looking hard at taking a neighborhood defense class soon.

https://www.valorridge.com/products/neighborhood-defense

Top Bottom