Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Not Kenosha but close:

"BLM protesters in Milwaukee, Wisc. surround a man's house. He has a Trump & US flag on the outside. He appears to ready a gun from inside the home. He was reportedly arrested for brandishing the weapon."

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1306072075564531713

Note that there is no evidence that the homeowner, inside his own home, ever actually pointed the firearm at anyone. He merely displayed it from a window, while his home was surrounded by a threatening mob. So, regardless of castle doctrine/self-defense as an affirmative defense against otherwise unlawful use of a firearm, there is no evidence thus far at least that he ever committed an otherwise unlawful use of a firearm.

This also means that the police had to enter the homeowner's home to effect his arrest. I would call such action deprivation of rights under color of law in violation of 18 USC 242.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Note that there is no evidence that the homeowner, inside his own home, ever actually pointed the firearm at anyone. He merely displayed it from a window, while his home was surrounded by a threatening mob. So, regardless of castle doctrine/self-defense as an affirmative defense against otherwise unlawful use of a firearm, there is no evidence thus far at least that he ever committed an otherwise unlawful use of a firearm.

This also means that the police had to enter the homeowner's home to effect his arrest. I would call such action deprivation of rights under color of law in violation of 18 USC 242.

Drunk, threatened neighbor with chainsaw. Drunk, pointing a weapon.

I don't side with drunks with guns.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Drunk, threatened neighbor with chainsaw. Drunk, pointing a weapon.

I don't side with drunks with guns.

Toward whom or what did he point said weapon? (Nevermind that, under the circumstances, such action would be 100% lawful, anyway.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, you defend drunks with weapons?

Go ahead. Make your argument. I'll wait.

That is a straw man. Being drunk is not a crime. Possessing a weapon is not a crime.

A mob surrounded his house and threatened him. Their actions were criminal. He was law-abiding.

I side with him, drunk or not.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That is a straw man. Being drunk is not a crime. Possessing a weapon is not a crime.

A mob surrounded his house and threatened him. Their actions were criminal. He was law-abiding.

I side with him, drunk or not.

And the day before, he threatened his neighbor with a chain saw. Drunk and disorderly. Arrested.

Go ahead Señor Quixote. Take the case.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, you don't think a man can drink in his own home and defend himself when threatened. Why are you on this board exactly?

To refute the amount of QAnonsense and rebuttal without research that you post. Primarily.

(Wisconsin Law: )In addition to prohibited locations, possessing a weapon in various circumstances can lead to weapons charges. For example, a person carrying a firearm can be charged with endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon when operating or carrying a firearm while he or she is under the influence of an intoxicant or has a detectable controlled substance in their blood.

Someone may also face weapons charges if they endanger the safety of another by the negligent operation or handling of a dangerous weapon, pointing a gun at or toward another for reasons not allowed by law, discharging weapons on other people’s land under certain circumstances and other illegal acts.
    https://laddlawllc.com/owidui/posse...tions come with severe,a $10,000 fine or both.

Last edited:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    So your saying that if I'm in my own home and drinking and a mob shows up because of my Trump flag, or lets go one better. I'm in my home drinking and someone breaks in, I'm supposed to ask them to come back tomorrow when I'm sober? before I can defend myself?
    They incident with the neighbor the day before has no bearing on the incident with the mob. The mob showed up at his house

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The basic rule of gun safety is to never handle a firearm when intoxicated. You know that.

Apparently Wisconsin statutes make it a punishable Class A misdemeanor.

Top Bottom