Black Lives Matter protestors plan to disrupt Twin Cities Marathon this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm still a little fuzzy on what this group wants. I kind of see it this way:

BLM: "BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "Yes. They do...and.....?"

BLM: "Listen to us, BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "Agreed, so what is this protest about?"

BLM: "Stop oppressing me, and listen, BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "I agree with that, but I would add that all lives matter."

BLM: "Racist !!!!!!"

That's it in a nutshell.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My guess is that way more black people are killed by other black people than by white people. Therefore, if these clowns were serious they would be addressing the black lives issue first and foremost with other black people.

I don't think the issue is body count. I think it's more a perception of how the individual is perceived, and where the perception originates. The are very valid complaints about about how blacks are treated in both the media and the justice system. For some, the repeated imagery can have a disastrous effect on a person, and the group that person identifies with.
    For instance, and to add a bit of humor, concerning our favorite show, TWD. Was "T-Dogg" on his birth certificate? He didn't seem like all that thuggish of a guy, did he? So what's up with the name? It may not of been anything other people might really recognize, but when I first started watching, I was like "really? Geez."

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I don't think the issue is body count. I think it's more a perception of how the individual is perceived, and where the perception originates. The are very valid complaints about about how blacks are treated in both the media and the justice system. For some, the repeated imagery can have a disastrous effect on a person, and the group that person identifies with.
    For instance, and to add a bit of humor, concerning our favorite show, TWD. Was "T-Dogg" on his birth certificate? He didn't seem like all that thuggish of a guy, did he? So what's up with the name? It may not of been anything other people might really recognize, but when I first started watching, I was like "really? Geez."
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I think his name was T-Dogg in the comics. I'm thinking it may have been poor casting because T-Dogg in the show was definitely not thuggish.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I think his name was T-Dogg in the comics. I'm thinking it may have been poor casting because T-Dogg in the show was definitely not thuggish.

T-Dogg wasn't in the comics. If he was, then I couldn't exactly find fault with the show, because it would have followed Kirkman's original story. T-Dogg was a "Hollywood" creation. Of all the characters to create, that's the one they decided to come up with??? Lol.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    T-Dogg wasn't in the comics. If he was, then I couldn't exactly find fault with the show, because it would have followed Kirkman's original story. T-Dogg was a "Hollywood" creation. Of all the characters to create, that's the one they decided to come up with??? Lol.
    Then I stand corrected. I thought he was in the comics. I'd have to shake my head at that choice then.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'm still a little fuzzy on what this group wants. I kind of see it this way:

BLM: "BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "Yes. They do...and.....?"

BLM: "Listen to us, BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "Agreed, so what is this protest about?"

BLM: "Stop oppressing me, and listen, BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "I agree with that, but I would add that all lives matter."

BLM: "Racist !!!!!!"
    I ran out of rep today.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Water Cannons, I hope they bring out the Water Cannons out of the mothballs.
    I miss seeing the Water Cannons of my youth. It's fun to see people tumbling down the street in a wave of high pressure water.

Did someone say WATER CANNON???

[video=youtube;qGfpMgjYVh0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGfpMgjYVh0[/video]

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    I miss seeing the Water Cannons of my youth. It's fun to see people tumbling down the street in a wave of high pressure water.

A white-as-rice Swede laden city turning water cannons on black protesters. Couldn't imagine the number of media talking heads that will explode covering such a story. Might as well fill the cannons with peanut butter and turn the GSD's loose to really complete the imagery.

When it comes to crowd control though... yeah, water cannons are the shiz. Gotta give you that.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I had front row seats to an anti whatever riot in Frankfurt Germany as a wee lad. It WAS entertaining when the water cannons arrived!:rockwoot:

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    ....I think the more sincere of the group reject that notion. I personally think the movement has been corrupted by loons....

Well stated. I believe that "most all" movements start with good intentions but are "most often" (as the poster states) "corrupted by loons."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A white-as-rice Swede laden city turning water cannons on black protesters. Couldn't imagine the number of media talking heads that will explode covering such a story. Might as well fill the cannons with peanut butter and turn the GSD's loose to really complete the imagery.

When it comes to crowd control though... yeah, water cannons are the shiz. Gotta give you that.

So there are more than just Somalis still in Minneapolis... a little surprised.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I had front row seats to an anti whatever riot in Frankfurt Germany as a wee lad. It WAS entertaining when the water cannons arrived!:rockwoot:

I have to admit, I grin like a Chesire Cat every time I get to see the
    portable " Slip & Slide " arrive.

Top Bottom