• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I stopped at Menard's to check out the gun safe they have. Took forever but finally found it. It had no battery in it. Asked a guy to to get a battery, he said but I don't know the combo. I said It's 123456. He said how do you know? I said trust me, It's 123456. He said I better get my manager. Waited 15 minutes, nobody showed up. I left. Guess I'll shop elsewhere.

I hate Black Fridays myself and I figured those safes would be gone within the 1st 15min at that price ($499) so I wasn't even gonna try. Well I went to the Menards on S Emerson about 11am just to look around (not for the safe) when I spotted it in the aisle and a lady employee standing next to it. I asked if they still had any and she said they had given out 54 vouchers (that's all they had) but not all were purchased yet. She said they had about 1/2 of them still and 1hr to go on the sale price (broucher said 11am but you had up to 12pm to pay for it I guess) anyway so I asked if I could buy one. She said she wasn't sure but she would ask. Well another guy came up to me while on the phone and told her yes but I would have to pick it up from the 38th st / Shadeland store. I did the deal and was out of there in like 10 minutes (had to pay for it there) and drove up and got mine. Totaly satisfied and for that price that has to be one of the best deals I've had in a while. It's a nice safe!

Now all I got to do is fill it up :):

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I think a lot of gun safes were sold this Black Friday. I went to Dunham's in Bedford and bought a nice Stack-On this morning around 4:30. I apologized to the guy for making him wrestle something that heavy so early in the morning. He said no sweat. Since midnight at least 10 safes had went out the door.

I thought I would end up buying one of the larger models, so I borrowed a large equipment two wheeler from work. I'm glad I did that. We wouldn't have made it in the door if I didn't have that thing. The good news is I have plenty of room to grow now!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I picked up the big Cannon safe that TSC had for $699 + a free door kit thingy, which of course they didn't have and have to order. I know, I know, it's RSC not a safe. But it is quite a sturdy TV stand. On the downside, it gave the wifey an accurate accounting of exactly how many things that go bang are in inventory today. So my go to explanation of "oh I've had that for awhile" is kinda used up. I always liked "awhile". It could mean years, it could mean 1 hour. Just a matter of perspective:D

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I picked up the big Cannon safe that TSC had for $699 + a free door kit thingy, which of course they didn't have and have to order. I know, I know, it's RSC not a safe. But it is quite a sturdy TV stand. On the downside, it gave the wifey an accurate accounting of exactly how many things that go bang are in inventory today. So my go to explanation of "oh I've had that for awhile" is kinda used up. I always liked "awhile". It could mean years, it could mean 1 hour. Just a matter of perspective:D

LOL! We've got to put a hand book together for owning firearms and maintaining good spousal relations. This one ought to be one of the basics! :laugh: I've used it quite a bit, too!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'll be interesting to see if the email/Internet sales continue on like they did last year.

Mechanixwear didn't run specials this year that I've seen. I notice some companies advertising sale prices that are actually regular prices.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is that a good price or are you saying it is their regular price being spun as a sale. They look awesome and I'm in the need for a new set of shooting gloves. Recommend these?

They are padded mechanics gloves so YMMV on shooting, depending on what you are shooting. I just dry fired a bit with them, they were OK. They didn't get tangled up in the action of my 1911, but the trigger guard was slow to find my way into. I'm normally a freeze your hand guy when shooting, finding that good gloves to shoot in (tight thin leather) aren't warm.

These gloves normally run $30-$40, which I would never pay. I have two pair coming that will go in truck/bike bags. The pair I already have live in my EDC Max bag.

Top Bottom