• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I personally have never used a BK7 myself...but have sold several to good customers that have told me that it's a great knife for the money. I had a customer buy one then came back a month later to buy another one for his son. You should be able to find one new for around $80.00 The ones I have sold came with a utility knife that fits in the same sheath as the large combat knife. The blade is 1095 Cro-Van high carbon tool steel which allows superiority in the edge-holding. The blades have a black powder epoxy coating. The handles are molded of Grivory, which is basically a 60% glass filled thermoplastic polymer alloy. The sheath is ballistic cloth nylon (with Kydex inserts).

hammeralan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Danville, IN
    I have the KA-BAR made version of this knife. And I find it to be very sturdy and hold an excellent edge. The grip is very smooth so I suppose it could slip out of your hand in a heavy use situation. Also the sheath is very very cheap. I would recomend that you have a new one made or try and make one yourself. I would recomend this knife but dont just take my word. Do your research and get some other opinions. Hope this was helpful.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've played around with one and really liked it. Feels like a club!
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-Becker-BK7-Combat-Utility/dp/B001IPMG8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1267569586&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Ka-Bar Becker BK7 Combat Utility Fixed Blade Knife (7-Inch): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

saw223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I own the Original Becker version, I like the knife, but I have 2 gripes. The scales are very slick. I used some very course sandpaper to "rough them up". Like hammer said, the sheath is kinda cheap, after a few months, the kydex insert would slip out so I had to super glue it into the nylon outer sheath. Other than those 2 things, I find it a very good hard use knife. It sharpens very well, and holds an edge reasonably well. Once sharpened, it's easy to touch up with the lanskey. (which is what I use to sharpen. To each his own. :P )

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have one of these...

Very good general combat knife. I have abused the hell out of it. It has seen duty as a pry bar, hammer, wedge, and cutting tool. Sharpens well, and holds an edge easily.

My only complaint is it is a little to heavy for my taste...

On a side note it does not like to cut wire...

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Thanks for the input, everybody. I am purchasing several knives to be engraved and given to some buddies who are... moving into the next stage in their lives.
    In the end, I decided to go with traditional Ka Bar knives, but I'd still like to get a BK-7 for myself sometime.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have two, both of the Camillus vintage. Both have the Camillus-distributed micarta grips, which made a good knife great. I wish I'd bought more of the grips when they were available years ago.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I paid $30 for mine............new. Beat that ya bunch of weenies. When they first came out the prices were the best value I had ever seen in knives. Love mine and my BK1 brute as well.

The 7 is a good all around knife. The 5 is a better camp and chores knife. I have never had an issue with the smooth scales but as posted, there are options or you can modify it yourself.

I keep my 7 in my truck door so it is always ready to go.

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    great knife

i bought this blade along with the kabar dozier because i could not decide which to order. this blade is flat out fantastic but, as everyone who owns one will tell you, the sheath inst just bad, its awful. the sheath for the dozier is way better but the dozier is not as rugged as the bk7. luckily the fine people at kabar have addressed this issue and are supposed to redesign the sheath latter this year.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yeah, but you could make the arguement you earned them too.

Love them Becker's. Even at todays prices they are a good value.

I can honestly say the can definitely take a LOT of abuse and still go...
    I used my 7 yesterday to pry open ammo crates and cans... My tac-tool to cut the wire and chop the crates up...

Damn fine Knives by anyone's standards!! :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I came close!

Well after Camillus went belly-up and prices for new in box Beckers went way too high, I happened to walk past the knife counter at the now defunct Sportsman's Warehouse in Lafayette. Lo, there I saw a BK-7, brand new, with a price tag of $39.95.

It came home to live with me. I had a spare set of the Camillus micarta grips that had intended for my dad's patrol machete, but he couldn't find the machete at the time. Guess where those grips are now?

I paid $30 for mine............new. Beat that ya bunch of weenies. When they first came out the prices were the best value I had ever seen in knives. Love mine and my BK1 brute as well.

The 7 is a good all around knife. The 5 is a better camp and chores knife. I have never had an issue with the smooth scales but as posted, there are options or you can modify it yourself.

I keep my 7 in my truck door so it is always ready to go.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Have one and have the BK companion. The sheath is MUCH better on the companion and both are great knives.

cholmstr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Mar 15, 2010
    Greendale, IN
    Becker Knives did it again, this time with a smaller version of the Combat Utility 7 knife, the BK7. The BK7 knife is basically the same as the BK9 blade but scaled down to be lighter and easier to carry on extended trips. This puts this blade within the size range of a good survival knife as compared to typical “combat” knives.

I love it

Top Bottom