• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I just checked, SB006 passed the Senate on the 19th with overwhelming support (48 yeas to 1 nay) and has now been refered to the House. The House sponsors are Reps,. Ubelhor and Eberhart.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    If this passes, I'm going to ask Brad about finding the most 50's Greaser-looking switchblade I can find!

That's my plan as well ... always wanted one like that ever since I first saw the knife fight scene in Rebel Without a Cause.

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    I just checked, SB006 passed the Senate on the 19th with overwhelming support (48 yeas to 1 nay) and has now been refered to the House. The House sponsors are Reps,. Ubelhor and Eberhart.

I'm not familiar with how something passes. But is the House the last step or what?

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Brad is right. A Brief version of the full process is as follows (since this bill started in the Senate I will start there too but you can interchange House and Senate if a Bill starts in the House):

First, the Bill is read three times in the Senate. After the first reading it is referred to a committee that can change the wording of the bill for clarity and votes on the merits of the Bill.

The second reading in the Senate allows for amendments to be proposed and voted on. After this the Bill is "engrossed" (re-written with any amendments and checked for accuracy before the third reading).

After the third reading, the Senate votes whether to pass the Bill. If it passes it goes to the House and this starts all over again in the House.

The House follows the same procedure as above. If it passes the House with amendments, it goes back to the Senate for a vote on the amendments. If this vote passes it then goes on to the Governor for his signature or veto.

If the Senate does not agree to the House's amendments it goes to a Conference Committee consisting of two members of each house to work out a compromise. The final version then must be voted on in each house to pass and then on to the Governor as above.

If it passes the houses and the Governor signs it, it will become Law effective July 1.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Man am I excited about this. I hate goofy laws that let me carry 5 pistols but a knife that flips open with a button and a spring is just to dangerous for me.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    i too am all for repeal of silly laws, but is this really what we have come to at the state house? dont we have REAL issues to ge too first?

might just be me but?
    Removing irrational laws from the books is a real issue. Not passing more new irrational laws is another real issue.

Adjourning without passing any new laws would be a REAL issue. As Emperor Joseph II told Mozart: too many notes.

Too many laws...:D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    so what would be a good automatic knife to have? I know Benchmade has some, what about ZT? any "must haves"?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    so what would be a good automatic knife to have? I know Benchmade has some, what about ZT? any "must haves"?

I'm not a big fan of the ZT autos. Benchmade is decent, but for the money if your looking for an out the side (OTS), I would go with Protech. If your looking for an out the front (OTF), I would go with Microtech. :twocents:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I'm excited about this, maybe they will finally show a modicum of common sense and get rid of this piece of idiocy. There are lots of others they should look at while they are feeling enlightened.

I too have wanted one since I had one of the switchblade combs as a kid, and I even had one for a short time when I lived elsewhere.

Here's hoping!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I've heard nothing but good things about Protech knives.

Yeah, Protech is hard to beat for the money. They are made in California and the majority of their blades are 154CM and come with a life time warranty. When you fire them, you better be holding on, they hit like a rocket ship. I have had more Protechs leave peoples hands when firing them than all the other brands combined when I'm doing shows in states were autos are legal.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    They are not nearly as pretty as many of the protechs are imo, but I am a big fan of Piranha autos too. They are sturdy auto's made with good materials for a fair price.

Top Bottom