• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    WEll, the last time I recall us talking about this was when Rep. Whatsername-wife-of-the-Astronaut got shot by that nutcase in AZ. That was the last big impetus for "magazine control" and it fell flat, even among the Dems. Except at the non-elected-federal-bureaucrat level of government, "Gun Control" isn't much in vogue these days.

Wonder if that is due to the Number of Incumbents that got the Boot last round of Elections who were in Favor of it...

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    o The Act defines large capacity ammunition magazines as those devices holding more than 10 rounds of
    ammunition.
    o The Act does not restrict in any way the sale or possession of conventional-sized ammunition magazines
    used by sportsmen and other law-abiding firearms owners

Now...which is it? The conventional-sized magazine for my XDm .40 holds 16 rounds. A lot of modern pistols carry well over 10 rounds.

I can't imagine this will get anywhere near passing.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    They have obviously never heard of the speed reload. Problem solved.

Next thing we know those fools will be trying to ban all magazine fed firearms.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    They have obviously never heard of the speed reload. Problem solved.

Next thing we know those fools will be trying to ban all magazine fed firearms.

Barry's been talking about a semi-auto ban since before he wormed his way into the US Senate. Some of the others have been talking about it for far longer.

I'd say we need to ban politicians, except that banning something only seems to make it more available to criminals.

Blessings,
    Bill

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Why is there always an exemption for retired law enforcement? Why would they need more then 10 rounds for self defense? Go watch the video on the NYPD vs the Wall St. Protesters and tell me again why Retired Police can somehow be trusted with High capacity assault shoulder thingys that go up baby killing clip magazines.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Why is there always an exemption for retired law enforcement? Why would they need more then 10 rounds for self defense? Go watch the video on the NYPD vs the Wall St. Protesters and tell me again why Retired Police can somehow be trusted with High capacity assault shoulder thingys that go up baby killing clip magazines.
    Because their lives are more valuable than the rest of us lowly scum.

Top Bottom