• Do you think the bill will pass

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    A bill has been suggested that will make it impossible to sell and transfer assualt mags.Of course the brady bunch supports it. Do you think this will pass?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, more info please. What is an assault magazine?

If assault magazine means banning the enquirer at the grocery store then I'm all for it.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My dad actually read something about this in a recent gun magazine at wal-mart. Something about Obama has been talking secretly to the Bradies about really pushing this.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Nobody should over react. And nobody should start buying and hoarding "assault" mags.

Because that's what I plan to do, and I want to make sure I get them all :D

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    If I hit someone over the head with an object, that is called an assault. Calling a rifle an "assault rifle" is just ridiculous.

Ballistically it has been proven that an average centerfire hunting rifle will do far more damage to tissue than an AK or AR. Yeah I know, get over it. A 30-06 is one nasty mofo but if someone is shot by a "hunting rifle" and their heart is splattered out the back of their body, we of course could never call that an "assault rifle". Tell the dead guy it wasn't an assault. Please......

A car could take out a group of kids at a bus stop or pedestrians along a busy sidewalk and we of course would never call that an "assault vehicle", unless it was a Humvee.

I couldn't even stomach reading thru the threads to find the ******* politician who is suggesting this. He/she/it is an "assault" on my intelligence and yours too. It smells like a desperation for votes.

And whoever voted YES that such a bill would be passed is either just being antagonistic or needs a kick in the shin. NO, NO, NO and NO !

HELL NO !

Last edited:

rgarner74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    It will never go. For years they have tried banning all kinds of things and not much ever happens..

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im so tired of people calling some type of rifles "assault" rifles.That's just trying to make the gun itself look bad."Assault" is a BEHAVIOR, and a gun is a tool.
    A tool has no built-in behavior.It's not made for evil just like it's not made for good.
    There is no such thing as a "assault" rifle just like there is no "defensive" pistol.A tool is a tool and that's the behavior of the person using that tool that will dictate what's the gun will become, either a weapon to attack someone or to defend someone.
    Just like you can use a "defensive pepper spray" to attack and rape someone, you can use an "assault" weapon to protect yourself and save your family from an attack.
    Of course "assault something" is always used about guns.You never hear of someone using an assault hammer to kill his victim.
    But for those black evil assault gun it must be different, they are made to attack people and anyone holding one will end up killing everybody right?

If you want to help the 2A and pro gun people, stop using the words the anti 2A people use.
    Just like I never call a "high capacity magazine" the magazine that comes with my Glocks.
    If it has 10 rounds then it's a low capacity magazine for non-free states.
    If it has let's say 17 rounds (for a Glock 17) then it's a STANDARD capacity magazine, it's what comes with the gun, the gun was designed for that magazine so it's "standard" or "regular".
    The 33 rounds magazine for the Glocks in 9mm is also STANDARD magazine (standard for the Glock 18) so it's not a "high capacity magazine".
    I have no idea what's a "high capacity magazine", I never seen one, I do not own one.
    I only have seen STANDARD capacity or LOW capacity magazines.

Stop using the BS vocabulary anti gun people and media want us to use and we may save our gun rights.

Sorry rant is over. :)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I swear we all had this exact same conversation six months ago.

WEll, the last time I recall us talking about this was when Rep. Whatsername-wife-of-the-Astronaut got shot by that nutcase in AZ. That was the last big impetus for "magazine control" and it fell flat, even among the Dems. Except at the non-elected-federal-bureaucrat level of government, "Gun Control" isn't much in vogue these days.

Top Bottom