Bill To Abolish Grand Juries in Indiana (Kirk Rubs Temples)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Good grief! So, Prosecuting Attorneys have too much power over grand juries so the solution is to abolish them and give Prosecuting Attorneys EVEN MORE POWER by limiting them to Charging Informations.

No, let's not allow more due process at the grand jury stage if we are concerned with prosecutor power, let's just give prosecutors more power. I don't understand a problem--quick! Ban it!

And it is only January 2d! Going to try to attach this to the Pi is 3.0 bill, Senator? Geez, my head hurts already.

The Indiana Law Blog: Ind. Law - Bill to abolish use of grand juries by county prosecutors back again this session

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    The way grand juries are run that is the problem. Talk about getting railroaded.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oof. Grand juries make people mad, so get rid of them?

In Ferguson discussions, people have gotten mad because one Grand Jury appears to have worked correctly. They claim that much (if not all) of the defense case is usually kept from the GJ, therefore, the Darren Wilson GJ was wrong because it was given MORE information....sheesh.

How about this- why don't we allow defendants to present evidence (particularly alibi or justification evidence) to a GJ if they want to?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about this- why don't we allow defendants to present evidence (particularly alibi or justification evidence) to a GJ if they want to?

This has to be one of the most brilliant posts of all time on INGO . . . aaaannnndddd I just happen to have a bunch more ideas.:D

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have thought prosecutors have had too much power for years, but this is insane. So I all have left is to post this:
    1390506_10201547640684474_34376137_a_zps7c5d9a45.jpg

Top Bottom