• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I don't have cable anymore but o'reilly has never been pro 2A. His position is statist. He thinks guns should be registered (default setting from living in NYC?) and generally views the RKBA as more of a priviledge to be doled out by the gov't. I recall him arguing with the founder of "oath keepers" about the new orleans PD confiscating guns after hurricane katrina, saying that he was an extremist when he challenged o'reilly with the question "does bad weather trump the constitution?".

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I heard him and Carlson both go full on stupid. I "use" to find her informative and entertaining. not anymore. Both have lost me as a viewer now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, lets dissect this. Lets pretend his idea of reporting the sale happened last year. So what? A govt cleared contractor purchased a rifle that he is legally allowed to possess. And what are they going to do with that info? And knowing the feds, they will look into his recent reported purchase sometime about the middle of next month. And further understanding how F'd up the .gov is, if for some weird reason they decide its worth a gander, they will go knock on his door anyway and try to ask whats up, even though he will have been dead for a month.

I could POSSIBLY understand the calls for more controls if this was the 10th mass casualty event with a rifle this year. But its not. This is beyond knee jerk. This is your 5yo daughter poking your 10yo son gently on the shoulder and he immediately drops to the ground screaming in pain "SHE HIIIIITTT MMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" Im not trying to make light of the tragedy, just showing how stupid this is. One attack does not make a crisis, and more laws without confiscation wont do jack crap.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    O'Reilly is not anywhere close to being a true conservative.

Agree 100%. I have noticed a trend with O'Reilly. A few years back, he was interesting and kind of fresh, because he stood out from the typical cable news commentator. As the years have passed, and he has received more accolades and certainly more money, he has become (in my opinion) the 2nd most arrogant man on cable news. I think Joe "RINO" Scarborough is the absolute worst. O'Reilly talks over some of the most "important" people in the world, and he genuinely seems to believe his own press clippings. It's as if his arrogance is so great that he feels once he has spoken, the discussion is over - nothing else needs to be said. I am convinced that he would be elected president easily over Hilary if he chose to run, but he obviously doesn't want the pay cut or the responsibilities. Again, I am not a fan, but I think he is one of the few people out there who could actually beat Hillary at this point - just look at his book sales.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    O'Reilly has always been for gun control, and is left of center on most major issues.
    Why people have ever thought he's a conservative has always baffled me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is moronic but he is from New York. Nothing new.

O'Reilly has always pushed assault weapons bans.

O'Reilly has always been for gun control, and is left of center on most major issues.
    Why people have ever thought he's a conservative has always baffled me.

All these ^^^^^. O'Reilly has come out and bemoaned "heavy weapons" before. Conservative's really need to reduce their reliance on Fox News. Too many of their "conservative" contributors are way too progressive and lead conservatives astray.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    B O'R is just coming to the same conclusion a majority of Americans are about to reach - that AWs should be banned. The un-fixability of this issue is starting to weigh on people. Anyone who's in the business of selling opinions like B O'R is, is going to get asked this question. It is, after all, the most pressing story of the day. And he's probably tired of defending our position and simply wants to buy himself some breathing room.

Remember, opinion-makers and policy experts mainly want this issue to go away. The important people would rather be talking about ISIS, national defense, government waste, Hillary's emails, Bernie, Pocahontas...anything but this. How the gun controllers win, is by getting the volume up so loud that people like B O'R finally say, "Okay, okay, what's it going to take to shut you up? I agree, there should be limits, now...are you happy?" It's like your wife nagging you about something. Gun control will win, because people like B O'R will become sick of it and want it to go away. Our rights will be sacrificed, so the "important people" can get back to what they would rather be doing.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    B O'R is just coming to the same conclusion that a majority of Americans are going to reach - that AWs should be banned. Anyone who's in the business of selling opinions like B O'R is, is going to get asked this question. It is, after all, the most pressing story of the day. And he's probably just tired of defending our position and wants to buy himself some breathing room.

Remember, opinion-makers and policy experts mainly want this issue to go away. The important people would rather be talking about ISIS, national defense, government waste, Hillary's emails, Bernie, Pocahontas...anything but this. How the gun controllers win, is by getting the volume up so loud that people like B O'R finally say, "Okay, okay, what's it going to take to shut you up? I agree, there should be limits, now...are you happy?" It's like your wife nagging you about something. Gun control will win, because people like B O'R will become sick of it and want it to go away. Our rights will be sacrificed, so the "important people" can get back to what they really want to do - making themselves richer. distraction they want to end.

O'Reilly is not a pro-2A guy. That "heavy weapons" term I mentioned above is a term he used on his show one day--back when I used to watch him and that's been several years ago now. He's a east coast populist. He is not a conservative and has never been a gun owner's friend.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But really? ONE event is enough to ban something? What other singular event cause the collective to say "yeah, that has to go."?

I could see it if this is the 3rd, 4th or hell, 20th event this year. But we are talking ONE attack. In any other arena, one out of many would be considered a statistical outlier and not worthy of an immediate decision. Maybe something to watch, but not a trend in and of itself. I wonder what the trigger is that is causing such an uproar about something so statistically out in left field...

Top Bottom