• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Oh yes they will!:)

My dad lost an entire pond full of expensive Koi in less than a week while on vacation. Many of the Koi were to big to eat but they killed them trying and many were left floating or drug onto shore.

Koi is a useless trash fish any way. The birds should get a little corn as a reward for destroying an invasive species.

May be the DNR could teach them to make some kind of motorboat noise when they fly close to the water and catch those imported jumping koi/carp aquarium trash lose in the rivers.

ylwfever69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Greenwood
    yeah my buddy was trying to shoot the ground next to a blue heron in his pond and the bird fell over like he hit it but a couple of minutes later it stood back up. he was freaking out cause he thought he hit it and was going to go to jail, boy was he releived so i dont think i would shoot in the direction of one if i was you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. It's a blue heron.

2. No dogs, no air soft, no bottle rockets, no firearms, no RC boats. Do NOT mess with blue herons they are federally protected and the feds have no sense of humor over their birds.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    #3 treble hook, bass minnow, 20lb test and a 6' spining rod = a blue Heron kite..... and a cot and 3 meals.....

Just kidding !!!!

When we fish the local creeks and streams we dont even cast anywhere near the birds (cranes etc....). I enjoy watching them too, but it would be different having them fish your pond vs. public waters.

How about some firworks? Firecrackers, m-80s etc....?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    2. No dogs, no air soft, no bottle rockets, no firearms, no RC boats. Do NOT mess with blue herons they are federally protected and the feds have no sense of humor over their birds.

Can we call them bad names and attempt to hurt their feelings? Maybe they would become offended and go elsewhere to a more politically correct locale.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    You could invite photographers and bird watchers over and charge $20 for parking... then you could afford to restock your pond!!

Top Bottom