• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yesterday I used a vacation day and took off work for The Big Day. You know what I'm talking about? That day we all look forward to since you first saw that baby boy/girl. I took my son to shoot a gun for the very first time. Head to the range, setup the gun, and get the little guy on target. In no time he is hitting the paper and loving life. So, I pull out my blackberry to snap the photo that is going to get posted on INGO. The darn thing malfunctions, no go, won't work. Of all the firsts I do not get a picture! But on the bright side that is all the kid will talk about. Maybe next trip I will get my picture.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Opps. I placed this in the wring spot on accident. Meant for it to go in the general forum. Doesn't change the fact that we had a great time and I don't have a picture to share with everyone.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Reenactments count, just roll out in the backyard and snap some pics. He will be glad you did.

Next time at least use an Apple product, I prefer Cannon and Sony myself.

PS one is none, always have a backup

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    All that matters is that Jr enjoyed a day at the range and learned a few things safey included i i still enjoy shooting with my son whose 20. a bad day at the range is always better than a good day with the inlaws

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Reenactments count, just roll out in the backyard and snap some pics. He will be glad you did.

Next time at least use an Apple product, I prefer Cannon and Sony myself.

Apple Product? pssssh. That would be a step in the wrong direction.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You may not have a pic you can post here, but you most certainly have a pic. It's in the memory of you and your son, and it can never be lost. :yesway: Sometimes those are the best kind.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    take a real camera next time. You will get better pictures.

Good advice. Should have taken the camera. But the BlackBerry takes pretty good pictures and I can send right to photobucket.

Cut me some slack man. Rifle Check, ammo check, hearing and eyes check, target check, kid check, extra camera....nope didn't make it.;)

All that matters is that Jr enjoyed a day at the range and learned a few things safey included i i still enjoy shooting with my son whose 20. a bad day at the range is always better than a good day with the inlaws

Yep, you are correct. Of course I can always take the father-in-law with me. Oh, and I can't wait till the little guy tells grandma. She's gonna freak.:rockwoot:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Cut me some slack man. Rifle Check, ammo check, hearing and eyes check, target check, kid check, extra camera....nope didn't make it.;)
    No, no slack.

My old man was the KING of 20 questions and check lists. SAC Warriors tend to be that way, don't want to drop a nuke in the wrong place or have it go off at the wrong time. That was the old days, not today.

I remember this one time in my youth, when I left item #19 out of the truck...........what are the odds we drive 1000 miles, are in the middle of no where (we did this a lot) and this time we need item #19. We never needed item #19 before. WTF, now we do? Dad lit a smoke and I started walking. Lesson learned, it is on the list for a reason. A phone is a phone and a camera is a camera.

No, no slack here! Plus I wish I had pics from 10 years ago when my daughter was 5 shooting her chipmunk rifle. Not for me, I see it clearly, but for her.

No, there can be no slack.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No, no slack.

My old man was the KING of 20 questions and check lists. SAC Warriors tend to be that way, don't want to drop a nuke in the wrong place or have it go off at the wrong time. That was the old days, not today.

I remember this one time in my youth, when I left item #19 out of the truck...........what are the odds we drive 1000 miles, are in the middle of no where (we did this a lot) and this time we need item #19. We never needed item #19 before. WTF, now we do? Dad lit a smoke and I started walking. Lesson learned, it is on the list for a reason. A phone is a phone and a camera is a camera.

No, no slack here! Plus I wish I had pics from 10 years ago when my daughter was 5 shooting her chipmunk rifle. Not for me, I see it clearly, but for her.

No, there can be no slack.

:drill: Now I know what my intern feels like when I don't cut him any slack. Thank you for setting me straight.

Top Bottom