• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I got my 770 for a $170.00 there. Bought it just for the woods so I didnt care if it was a cheap gun. I did find that if you wait till the end of the year you can find discounts on a lot of the guns.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    My wife got my a shotgun for Christmas. The big box stores wouldn't even talk to her. Or if they did they treated her like she was stupid. She knew exactly what she was looking for. She ended up at a little sporting goods store in Greenwood. the manager of the gun section was a woman and she was very friendly and helpful.

Jason

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I bought my SuperRedhawk Alaskan from Bass Pro, only because the were the only place in the state I could find one. The salesguy kinda smart alecky asked me if I had ever fired a 44 magnum before, and I told him I used to win bets by throwing clay pidgeons in the air and busting them with my long barreled Super RedHawk. He was amazed I could do such a thing, so I showed him a video on my phone of me actually doing it. Him and the other guy working there thought I was a god when I left the counter. I never mentioned to them I was firing CCI shotshells. :rockwoot:

Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    Gander, Dicks, etc are GREAT places to go and LOOK at guns, but nothing beats getting them from a local guy, even if you are only using him for FFL. Example: Taurus pt1911ar Gander price: $850, Gunbroker, $609-$629. Then $25 for FFL transfer, you still have ~$200 for extra mags, ammo, etc. Some people would argue "What if the gun is messed up?" Well, warranty is a MANUFACTURER issue, not a RETAILER issue.

Agreed. They are good for "window" shopping and picking up the occasional deal. Otherwise, not worth it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom