• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Given the extreme expense and difficulty of conducting something like the US Census only once every decade, I highly doubt this is going to happen in any meaningful way.

That just illustrates the need for more (and immediate) government funding to ensure we get through this crisis safely.
    We're in this together!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It would definitely be totalitarian in my book. Besides those that had it already do not need it. I'd definitely want to be tested before I get the vaccine to see if I already have a resistance built up.
    I'm on the short time. Life in prison is not a credible threat. ****ing with me is not recommended. I consider the vaccine unsafe and less than effective, especially for a complete flop of a dread plague, but really the merits of the vaccine and disease are irrelevant. Its not their prerogative and they damn well better not try pushing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Given the extreme expense and difficulty of conducting something like the US Census only once every decade, I highly doubt this is going to happen in any meaningful way.

I agree with you and have seen how this works:

They say this stuff.

No big deal except a few crazy folks like us.

Then, next time, they go for a bigger bite of the apple.

Bigger response back.

Reply, we already done that, old news...

Watch it unfold...

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who would love to have one iota of “authority” and would volunteer just to chide you in order to “protect” society. (And get an instagram post out of it)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who would love to have one iota of “authority” and would volunteer just to chide you in order to “protect” society. (And get an instagram post out of it)
    The question is paying for it, and hiring, and screening, and organizing, and test rollouts in specific markets. If you dropped a billion dollars into an account TODAY to do this, in magical government time it would be at least eight months to the first knuckles on the first door.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The question is paying for it, and hiring, and screening, and organizing, and test rollouts in specific markets. If you dropped a billion dollars into an account TODAY to do this, in magical government time it would be at least eight months to the first knuckles on the first door.
    AND, by the time of the first knock, over half of the money would have already mysteriosly disappeared

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    If they make it a “grassroots” project, a lot of those issues disappear. That’s where I was going with volunteering. I don’t deny that government doesn’t move quickly, but there are a bunch of rabid nutters out there who would love to have someone supporting their need to tell people how they need to act and live right to their faces because they, the nutters, are so sure of their position.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If they make it a “grassroots” project, a lot of those issues disappear. That’s where I was going with volunteering. I don’t deny that government doesn’t move quickly, but there are a bunch of rabid nutters out there who would love to have someone supporting their need to tell people how they need to act and live right to their faces because they, the nutters, are so sure of their position.
    They can try. But even judging by stuff like political campaign canvassers they'll never actually hit every door, or even a sizeable percentage.

And remember, the clock is ticking. Indiana is back to full normal and every day fewer people care about this crap than the day before.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They can try. But even judging by stuff like political campaign canvassers they'll never actually hit every door, or even a sizeable percentage.

And remember, the clock is ticking. Indiana is back to full normal and every day fewer people care about this crap than the day before.
    I don't know about you, but I am not counting on reason to account for much.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    One would certainly hope not.

Are you seriously concerned that would be the case?
    Nope not a concern at all. I'm asking you a question. There is nothing they can do if I refuse to get a vaccine and the harder they push the harder I'll push back. Questioning government it's the American way.

The founders put in several restrictions to government because they themselves did not trust even the government they were planning. Americans should never trust the government outright it is un-American.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Unless I know without doubt who it is that's banging on my front door, or ringing the doorbell, I usually answer it now with a cocked and locked .45 ACP in hand down by my side, but very visible. For the unusual ones that strike me as being very suspicious, it's a 12 gauge loaded with #4 buckshot. I know when deliveries that must be signed for will be delivered; never an issue.

Whoever the gov't is sending house-to-house has no authority to be there against property owner/occupant will. They're just another civilian. My message to any Karen that shows up wanting to know if I've been vaccinated:
    "You're not welcome here. I don't want you on my property, not now or at any time in the future. You have 30 seconds to vacate after which I will call 911 to pursue a criminal trespass complaint and charges for refusing to immediately leave."

It's the same as tossing someone off your property whose behavior has become undesirable or unwelcome. I've had a couple of prowlers as my home apparently appears to some yahoos to be unoccupied. I've discovered them wandering around my back yard peering in the windows - probably looking for what personal property is visible and for the easiest window to gain access through that's not visible from the street or neighbors - and greeted them cradling the shotgun asking them if there's something they need help with. The speed with which they've exited the premises is astounding. On all occasions there was a second person doing lookout at the vehicle they were using - with engine running - sitting in my driveway. That's why I now answer the door for unknown callers armed.

Top Bottom