• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I used to shoot at the old Dons in Greenwood and it was cold on a good day. Lighting wasn't great either. I've been to Pops...once. BGF made a huge investment in their range for a good reason. It's hands down the best indoor range in the state, and possibly the Midwest. They have a top notch range with top notch staff. My coworkers and I have "group" therapy sessions there. :):

ajeandy

Master
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I've been to BGF several times. The staff is always very pleasant. I've had absolutely no issues there ever. It's very clean and spacious! I think they have 20 lanes which is nice. I've only heard bad things about pop guns. I always see groupons for reduced prices or deals for their range. I've never actually bought one and tried it out though. Too much negative publicity. I would definitely recommend BGF to anyone in the Indy area. If you're going on a weekend, be prepared for a short wait.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Feb 1, 2012
    I may get lynched for saying this but .... i've had zero issues with Pop's and have always received top-notch service there. Anything they didn't have that I wanted they always offered to order and it usually came in in a couple of days. The staff has always been friendly, polite and helpful to me and my dad. I personally like their membership program because I can shoot anytime I want and not have to pay an arm and a leg to do it or wait hours upon hours in line.

The one time I went into BGF looking for a particular rifle, a Remington 700P, I received zero service. The staff was more interested in the local off duty LEOs who were window shopping that they were in me. They weren't even willing to see if they could get one for me and instead were insistent on trying to sell me something else... that trick doesn't work with me. While I may not look like a 'gun guy' I do know exactly what I want before I even step foot in a store.

Ended up going back to Pop's, knew they didn't have one in stock, but they special ordered it in and I had it by the end of the week.

While some folks may have good luck with BGF, Brandis, Elmore's, etc. I haven't. Nothing gets under my skin faster than merchants who think they're doing me a favor by taking my money.

Last edited:

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    While some folks may have good luck with BGF, Brandis, Elmore's, etc. I haven't. Nothing gets under my skin faster than merchants who think they're doing me a favor by taking my money.

The last time I went in to Pops, I had picked up a bunch of cleaning supplies and went to the counter. The Steroid guy there glanced at what I had put on the counter, and I can only imagine that he didn't think the amount of the items I had was worth his time, because we went back to reading his paper.

I'm glad you had a good experience there. It means that they must have a couple of people working there who want to help people. I just haven't met them yet.

LP1

Master
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I may get lynched for saying this but .... i've had zero issues with Pop's and have always received top-notch service there. Anything they didn't have that I wanted they always offered to order and it usually came in in a couple of days. The staff has always been friendly, polite and helpful to me and my dad. I personally like their membership program because I can shoot anytime I want and not have to pay an arm and a leg to do it or wait hours upon hours in line.

The one time I went into BGF looking for a particular rifle, a Remington 700P, I received zero service. The staff was more interested in the local off duty LEOs who were window shopping that they were in me. They weren't even willing to see if they could get one for me and instead were insistent on trying to sell me something else... that trick doesn't work with me. While I may not look like a 'gun guy' I do know exactly what I want before I even step foot in a store.

Ended up going back to Pop's, knew they didn't have one in stock, but they special ordered it in and I had it by the end of the week.

Glad it worked for you. On my one trip to Pop's, they were very dismissive and more interested in eating than helping a customer. Never going back. Have always been treated well at BGF, Bradis, and usually at PSS.

Top Bottom