• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    this looks like so much fun!! are there still slot available? i have wanted to check out shooting comps such as this but never knew where to start til reading this

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    this looks like so much fun!! are there still slot available? i have wanted to check out shooting comps such as this but never knew where to start til reading this

Yes. Send me an email and I will get the registration form to you.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    For those registered for this class bring at least 300 rounds. It is going to be nice sized class. We have room for two more if there are any last minute folks wanting into this class.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I want to thank everyone who participated in this class today. It was a little cool in the clubhouse.:D But warmer on the range. It was a very safe experience on the range. Everyone was a good safe gun handler. I have compiled the video but I am having trouble publishing it to Youtube. I am going to quit for the evening and try again in the morning. I will post as soon as I can get it to work.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Looks like a great turnout. Thanks for continuing to bring the new shooters on the way you do. I took this course 4 years ago. Seems like yesterday.

There were some guys in this class that if they decide to shoot regularly will be tough in a short amount of time. Several of them are young and have all their reflexes still.

I am really starting to be old and envious of young people with reflexes.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    There were some guys in this class that if they decide to shoot regularly will be tough in a short amount of time. Several of them are young and have all their reflexes still.

I hear ya. If I would only commit to ppp...ppp...practice I could work through some of it.

I had some ammo issues at McHenry last week (well actually think it is the striker spring...competition kits on order)...still finished 8th...could have probably been 3rd or 4th. I'm going to post some video tonight I think. Had an FTE because of the confusion that is an indoor match. I missed the stage description. I had a couple of top 5 times, but was a little sloppy with aforementioned ammo/striker issues.

Once again, had a perfect plan with poor execution. Actually execution was okay, gun didn't cooperate. Did not get it on video. Still top 8 on the stage with probably 10 seconds worth of tap, rack, back :xmad:

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

I had a great time yesterday at this class. After watching the video I see a few other things that you spoke about. I am defiantly interested in continuing this, and maybe make it out to a match just to see how it runs before I try it myself. Do you ever come to the Fort Wayne range or Warsaw?

Coach was a good teacher and I am glad I'm taking another one of his classes later this year.

EDIT: The colder than normal classroom was that bad. Once we got outside it was fine...I even have a little sunburn

Last edited:

Maxamillion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    I had a great time at comp 101 yesterday. Good classroom session followed by great range time all at a value price.
    Anyone considering shooting uspsa and wants to get a head start on the rules and stage planning should take a class like this.

As probably the oldest guy there I agree with Coach's comments about the youngsters quicker reflexes but thats a great motivator for me to work on the areas that I can improve the most.

Thanks for a great class! :D:D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I had a great time yesterday at this class. After watching the video I see a few other things that you spoke about. I am defiantly interested in continuing this, and maybe make it out to a match just to see how it runs before I try it myself. Do you ever come to the Fort Wayne range or Warsaw?

Coach was a good teacher and I am glad I'm taking another one of his classes later this year.

EDIT: The colder than normal classroom was that bad. Once we got outside it was fine...I even have a little sunburn

Video can teach you plenty.
    I am planning to shoot club matches at Warsaw a few times. The Fort Wayne match is the same day as my match at Riley. So i don't eve make that.

If there is interest I can travel to put on a class, but there has to be a good place to do it.

Top Bottom