• ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I have two of the Caldwell Chronos. One of them has a damaged "Ground Screen" that I have been waiting on for 18+ months to come back in stock.

I even called them a couple of times to discuss this issue with them. Both times I was told to "sign up for restocking notifications and that they did not have any."
    Both times I expressed that there must be some stock of them because they are still selling complete chrono kits as new. I get there are still "some" supply chain issues going on, but 18 months?

So I posted a review of the product and they refused to post it claiming it "Does meet guidelines."
    Does this seem right to you all?
    Am I being unreasonable?
    Caldwell.PNG

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am less than satisfied with my Caldwell Chrono bluetooth adapter, your post helps me to understand lack of negative reviews.

Side note;

I had a similar issue with an Opticsplanet review (they deleted review, similar reason) I gave on something I had ordered from them.
    I HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM OPTICS PLANET SINCE.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am less than satisfied with my Caldwell Chrono bluetooth adapter, your post helps me to understand lack of negative reviews.

Side note;

I had a similar issue with an Opticsplanet review (they deleted review, similar reason) I gave on something I had ordered from them.
    Friends dont let friends order from Optics Planet. They are famous for selling you crap (and collecting the money upfront of course) for stuff that isnt in stock and they know it. They show stock, you order, they collect the money, and then the item doesnt ship. Sometimes for a month or more.

So remember that the next time you are looking for something that nobody has in stock and it shows up in your web search as available from them. No, its not really in stock. They just want your money.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I have two of the Caldwell Chronos. One of them has a damaged "Ground Screen" that I have been waiting on for 18+ months to come back in stock.

I even called them a couple of times to discuss this issue with them. Both times I was told to "sign up for restocking notifications and that they did not have any."
    Both times I expressed that there must be some stock of them because they are still selling complete chrono kits as new. I get there are still "some" supply chain issues going on, but 18 months?

So I posted a review of the product and they refused to post it claiming it "Does meet guidelines."
    Does this seem right to you all?
    Am I being unreasonable?
    View attachment 280017
    With that type of language, I can see why they refused to post it.
    This is one reason, I search for third party review sites on something. The company can't control negative feedback.

Last edited:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Friends dont let friends order from Optics Planet. They are famous for selling you crap (and collecting the money upfront of course) for stuff that isnt in stock and they know it. They show stock, you order, they collect the money, and then the item doesnt ship. Sometimes for a month or more.

So remember that the next time you are looking for something that nobody has in stock and it shows up in your web search as available from them. No, its not really in stock. They just want your money.
    Yup, they got me with that maybe 2 years ago. Canceled the order, still can’t find a ar10 b series upper from Armalite

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Ordered a stellar deal off opticsplanet.
    When I paid in full it was in stock and had a shipping date.
    One month later I called as it never arrived. Out of stock. No shipping date
    They did not want to refund my money and it was going to be February (mind you I ordered it in sept for nov deer hunt) had to have Mastercard get my money back. Shot my deer with a couple decades old redfield scope in November.
    SWFA gets me the scope in 10 days including free shipping for 5 dollars more than optics planet.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I must be an odd duck.

Never had one issue with the many orders from OP. :dunno:
    I had 1 bad experience with Optics Planet but I blame myself. I didn't pay attention to it saying item was estimated to ship In 3-4 weeks. Got a refund on that.

Since then I always make sure it shows more than a few in stock before I order. No issues since and that's probably a minimum of 20 orders. Just ordered an Apex trigger for the M&P 2.0 10mm on Sunday afternoon. Shipped this morning

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I'll tell you my experience with Caldwell and as far as I'm concerned they can go out of business.

I bought one of their chronographs off of amazon. It was sold and shipped from Amazon. I started using it and I felt that the velocities displayed were not right. So I tested it side by side with a friend's Competition Electronics chronograph. The Caldwell was off sometimes as much as 300 to 400 ft per second.

I called them, the woman I talked to at first was very nice I gave her my serial number she talked about sending it back in to be checked and possibly recalibrated or replaced. Then she asked where I purchased it at I told her suddenly her demeanor changed, she told me that under no circumstances will they accept any chronograph bought on Amazon and that my serial number has now been banned from any warranty work and she hung up on me. I called back, trying to find out what the hell happened and she screamed at me on the phone and said if I was to call back one more time she was going to call the police and filed harassment charge against me.

Needless to say I did try to call back and she hung up on me I tried several times and she hung up on me I sent emails. They blocked my email address. I could never get a reason why they did what they did. Reached out to Amazon told them what happened they told me that they would refund me my money, they sent me a return label in an email so that I could return it to amazon. I ended up buying a Competition Electronics chronograph and I never looked back.

Caldwell can go to hell

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll tell you my experience with Caldwell and as far as I'm concerned they can go out of business.

I bought one of their chronographs off of amazon. It was sold and shipped from Amazon. I started using it and I felt that the velocities displayed were not right. So I tested it side by side with a friend's Competition Electronics chronograph. The Caldwell was off sometimes as much as 300 to 400 ft per second.

I called them, the woman I talked to at first was very nice I gave her my serial number she talked about sending it back in to be checked and possibly recalibrated or replaced. Then she asked where I purchased it at I told her suddenly her demeanor changed, she told me that under no circumstances will they accept any chronograph bought on Amazon and that my serial number has now been banned from any warranty work and she hung up on me. I called back, trying to find out what the hell happened and she screamed at me on the phone and said if I was to call back one more time she was going to call the police and filed harassment charge against me.

Needless to say I did try to call back and she hung up on me I tried several times and she hung up on me I sent emails. They blocked my email address. I could never get a reason why they did what they did. Reached out to Amazon told them what happened they told me that they would refund me my money, they sent me a return label in an email so that I could return it to amazon. I ended up buying a Competition Electronics chronograph and I never looked back.

Caldwell can go to hell
    You probably bought a fake from Amazon.

A repost but germane here.

To spread stuff around to warehouses Amazon commingles merchandise. Reputable optics seller (A) on Amazon sends 10 optics, scammer optics seller (B) sends 10 counterfeit of the same model, Amazon spreads them all around to its warehouses. You order one believing you are buying one from A, but get a counterfeit one from the commingled inventory.

Be cautious what you choose to buy from Amazon, particularly high end items that are frequently counterfeited…

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I just wish I could justify a LabRadar. But I dont need to chrono that much.
    I have a buddy of mine that has one and they are really cool but like you I can't justify the cost of one. They are neat though there's no doubt about it. No worrying about sunshine, whether or not you're close enough for far enough away. It really is a neat device

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I would love to hear the recording of that call, just sayin...
    Just saying what?

I called in and explain to the lady what the problem was and that I was concerned the chronograph was not measuring velocity is right. She was nice as could be right up until I told her where I bought it. If she would have calmly said that serial number is not in our database and it's quite possible that's a fake and you're going to have to take that up with Amazon then I would have understood that and moved on to Amazon. But she got hostile. Hell I don't know maybe it was a bad day, maybe it was that time of the month maybe her husband left her I don't know. All I said when she blew up on me is can you please tell me what's wrong with the serial number and all she did was hung up on me. That was maybe six or seven years ago. If she would have explained to me that that serial number wasn't one of theirs I would have been okay with it and understood. Because I have received fake stuff before from Amazon and Amazon has always made it right. But this thing came packaged just like a chronograph from Caldwell. Straight down to the packaging and the instruction manual. If it was a fake somebody really worked hard to make it look real.

Just sayin...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom