• ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Best
    The kind you buy only once and never have to buy again or get refills for.
    The straight razor!

There is a learning curve and it takes a bit longer to shave with it but alas you can use it over and over and over and it will outlast you and your son and your grandson!

Worse
    Any of the new crap out there now that have disposable blades that don't last long and can NOT give you a close shave.

The real trick is the shaving cream and how you put it on. I've never gotten a good shave using canned cream and my hands, but if you get a brush and mug soap, it will be the best shave of your life. I'm still rocking the shave from 2 days ago and it looks like I shaved last night.

DSC01414.jpg

I second the motion. just avoid the jugular/carotids while you're learning. the razor will almost certainly outlast you if you're not careful around the neck.

I've got an old (1953) Gilette safety razor for flying, cuz the blades are cheap enough I can get a pack and throw them away before I come back and not really sweat it.

I used to be a die hard mach 3 guy, until I tried a 4 blade....I won't go back
    me too... until I tried a straight razor.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Shaving is for women and those that want to be women. That's about all I've got to say about that. I'll cut my hair with electric clippers and maybe even trim my beard but I can't remember the last time I had a clean shave.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I've got an old (1953) Gilette safety razor for flying, cuz the blades are cheap enough I can get a pack and throw them away before I come back and not really sweat it.

You can take any safety razor with however many blades you want in your carry-on. I've never had a problem.

Hmm... the TSA webpage says: Checked Bag only for Razor-Type Blades - such as box cutters, utility knives, and safety razor blades (disposable razors and their cartridges are permitted)

I thought disposable razors don't have cartridges, thats what makes em disposable.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    BIC comfort 3 are the ones i use and the blades tend to last me about a week and i use it everyday. It has the swivel head and is the lowest priced one with 3 blades that i can buy off the shelf. i've tried the cheap to the expensive and i love the Venus but i get about the same results from the BIC 3 and they're cheaper. I would NEVER recommend any other bic brand since most are junk and cause cuts. I have to have a swivel head razor or i get cuts like crazy.

The tip to not getting razor burn is to spray your razor with Alcohol a little while before you use it. I have just a spray bottle with alcohol on top of my bathroom cabinet that i refill and that really helps. i notice the difference if I forget to spray it before i use it. For some weird reason it tends to make my razor seem to last longer as well. I don't know if that's a fact or I just use it longer since i don't have razor burn with it. :twocents:

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    BIC comfort 3 are the ones i use and the blades tend to last me about a week and i use it everyday. It has the swivel head and is the lowest priced one with 3 blades that i can buy off the shelf. i've tried the cheap to the expensive and i love the Venus but i get about the same results from the BIC 3 and they're cheaper. I would NEVER recommend any other bic brand since most are junk and cause cuts. I have to have a swivel head razor or i get cuts like crazy.

The tip to not getting razor burn is to spray your razor with Alcohol a little while before you use it. I have just a spray bottle with alcohol on top of my bathroom cabinet that i refill and that really helps. i notice the difference if I forget to spray it before i use it. For some weird reason it tends to make my razor seem to last longer as well. I don't know if that's a fact or I just use it longer since i don't have razor burn with it. :twocents:

The reason they seem to last longer is probably because they do alcohol displaces some of the water than causes blades to get rust on them:twocents:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    A three bladed gillette is about the best razor I have found over the years. Tried a straight razor but didnt have the patience to stick with it (or the ability to walk around in public looking like I fell thru a pane of glass). Every few years I get nostalgic for my youth and pick up a pack of single bladed yellow and white bic razors.. and every time I use one, cut my face and return to my gillette. Sure the cartridges are expensive, but its a good fast shave and thats worth 14$ every 2 months to me.

HatTrix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Kokomo
    Find a Merkur that fits your style and slap in "feathers" double edged blade. You will also need a badger hair brush and find some nice lather cream.

worst: any multibladed razor and compressed shaving "goo"

Top Bottom