• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    First issue is statement notexperienced with handguns. You need to be familiar to be effective with small arms. The smaller the weapon the higher the skill required to be effective. I would recommed a gun shop that has a range and will allow you to test several of their weapons. In addition enroll in a personal pistol class.
    Don't know where you are but H&H in Fort Wayne is such a shop and can arrange an NRA instructor.

That said I shot the LCP yesterday and definately wouldn't buy it. Trigger too stiff and trigger pull too long. The gal who bought it had to ice her hand from the recoil bruises on her hand.

Preference is personal and everything smallest handgun I have used and carried was Colt 380 Govt model. Isold it as I didn't feel 380 has enough stopping power.

Personally won't carry smaller than .40 cal and prefer Glock 27.

Remember the saying guns don't kill people, people do. The gun isn't as important as important as your ability with that weapon.

You can miss with a Bazooka! Get a gun and train with it! Thegun you have is the best gun. Howver pulling a gun you can't hit with is more dangerous than being unarmed

savageayape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Martinsville
    I can't believe someone mentioned a Seecamp, I carried one of those back in the 90's as a BUG. I'll give another vote for the Kahr PM9 (even though I like the power of the PM40)

What's wrong with a Seecamp? I carry one and it has never ftf. There is a .32 and a .380 model. He asked for a very small concealable handgun. It's a very good choice in my opinion.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    What's wrong with a Seecamp? I carry one and it has never ftf. There is a .32 and a .380 model. He asked for a very small concealable handgun. It's a very good choice in my opinion.

I didn't mention it was bad, I loved it and never had an ftf either. I guess I should've said it was great, I just couldn't believe no one mentioned it. It shot great, but was expensive for a Back Up in the 90's. I switched to an AMT backup in 9mm, but my finger still hurts from the trigger pull...LOL

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The original post asked for the BEST very small gun.

I have not seen anyone recommend the BEST of the BEST pocket guns yet. I've seen several recommendations for a brand that has had recalls, and I've seen recommendations for several guns that need a holster to be properly carried. But if I understand the OP correctly then QUALITY and VERY SMALL SIZE are both important.

To that I submit the 9mm powerhouse of mousegun proportions. The Rohrbaugh R9. Expensive? Yes. But worth every penny.

Rohrbaugh Firearms
    standard.jpg

This gun, in the 9mm chambering, BLOWS AWAY the competition as similar sized guns are much less powerful and utilize the 380. Compared to even the small Kahr PM9, this gun is TINY and makes the PM9 look large in every dimension.

Here is a YOU TUBE video on it:
    YouTube - Rohrbaugh R9 (9mm)

And another:
    YouTube - Rohrbaugh R9

Do you have one of these?

I ask this only because I have only seen one, didn't get a chance to shoot it, but the owner told me he had to send it back once or twice for FTF issues, but other than that the owner was very pleased with it once the problem was corrected.

The R9 has always intrigued me, just not enough to pay the asking price.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Do you have one of these?

I ask this only because I have only seen one, didn't get a chance to shoot it, but the owner told me he had to send it back once or twice for FTF issues, but other than that the owner was very pleased with it once the problem was corrected.

The R9 has always intrigued me, just not enough to pay the asking price.
    No I don't. I know 2 people with them who LOVE them and swear by them. They are very well made and if I carried a mouse gun then this would be what I carried, but I'm too much of a 1911 guy to go to a little gun.

Top Bottom