• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    I have been thinking about buying a trail cam or two. Who makes the best? What are your guys experiences. I heard primos makes good cameras. :patriot:

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Ive only owned my one, a Bushnell Trophy Cam. Its been a good one, no issues. I think there are others out there that arent as expensive and just as good.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    You get what you pay for. That said reconyx are by far the best cameras I've ever run. We bought 4 in June, got them right out. One wasn't taking night pictures. Sent back nd had it back in 5 days with an apology letter a tshirt and a hat. All costs picked up by them of course. The pictures are incredible. Most cameras take good daylight pictures but after dark is when these really shine. Battery life is ridiculous. 2 cameras have 20,000+ pics in 8 months and show 90+% battery life! I'll never buy another camera that doesn't say reconyx on it. Ever.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Also did alot of research on this including trailcampro.com, went with the Bushnell trophy cam max and very happy with it.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    your real question should say what is the best camera for the best price..
    I have a few cameras for a few different reasons..
    I have had the wildgame innovations, they are great cameras for the money. and I still use them ALOT.
    the moultry game cameras are okay, but I think they are a little slow. I like to put them on a still feeding places.
    I have a LTL ACORN that was very expensive. ($330) but it's amazing.. sends the pics to my e-mail, and is great for security.
    take your pick, whatever you can afford and whatever need has to be filled...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I have been thinking about buying a trail cam or two. Who makes the best? What are your guys experiences. I heard primos makes good cameras. :patriot:
    Most cameras on the market today serve there purpose as a good trail camera. With that said, i would highly suggest to get a camera with a long battery life. I own one that i paid 40$ on Black Friday 3 years ago at Bass Pro and it takes great pics/etc. BUT it runs off C batteries and drains them in 2 weeks making it expensive to put out. Most camera's in the 200$ price range will give you great features and 6 month battery life.

BiggEarl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Cory, IN
    Most people probably havnt heard of this camera but by far my favorite. Check out the oldboys outdoors line of cameras. I have the ltl acorn 5210m and i love it. It takes pics and sends them directly to my phone or email the second it takes it. Of course you dont have to use this feature. I have owned moultrie, bushnell, wildgame inovasion and cudde back and have no complaints, but my ltl acorn is by far my favorite.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I was going to ask the same questions. I'm looking at a Stealth Camera and just saw one on Amazon.com for 1 million dollars, when their going from 100-140 on ebay.
    I'm thinking about getting the million dollar one, knowing that you get what you pay for ;)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087N7AR8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A37VQZG6U5MF8R"]Amazon.com: AWM Stealthcam Stcu840Irng Unit Ops Triad-Equipped 38 Ir Scouting Camera - Binocular Cameras: Camera & Photo[/ame]

I put it in my shopping cart so that the next time my wife looks at my account, she will have a cow.

stealth_zpsb11833ec.jpg

and the customer review:

Does the job- definitely worth the price., January 3, 2013
    By
    residentj3553 - See all my reviews

This review is from: AWM Stealthcam Stcu840Irng Unit Ops Triad-Equipped 38 Ir Scouting Camera - Binocular Cameras (Electronics)
    I'm so thankful to have stumbled across this amazing piece of technology!
    With the amount of money I earn from assassinating world leaders, I couldn't resist buying.
    It comes in handy when you are on a top-secret covert mission and your eyesight just wasn't what it use to be... or maybe you need to take video of a high-importance target!
    But that's not all! It's light weight allows you to carry it ANYWHERE!

Overall we can all afford to splurge a little on something as useful as the StealthCam.
    You wont regret it!

Last edited:

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    I've got 4 primos cams. 2 truth cam 45 and 2 Blackouts. They take good pics and videos. night time pics and battery life are pretty good as well.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I know you do not know who to believe...but my take is all cameras take 'pretty' good pictures in the daytime. The majority of my good pictures of bucks and other wildlife are at night and the cuddeback flash cams (not IR) take great quality COLOR pictures at night. Contray to popular believe the white flash does not scare the deer, coyotes, or bobcats. Some IRs do alarm the deer. Most IR cams take a black and white pic at night.. I had a Bushnell Trophy Cam and Primos 40 that I took back in less than a week apiece, as their night time pics were dreadful. For the money the discontinued Cuddeback Capture for about $125.00 takes awesome pics in the daytime and at night, is easy to operate, the new Attack is good and the batteries last longer than the Capture. I joke and say I get pics at night that are National Geographic Magazine quality. New Cuddeback Captures can be found on EBAY etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I have a LTL ACORN that was very expensive. ($330) but it's amazing.. sends the pics to my e-mail, and is great for security.
    take your pick, whatever you can afford and whatever need has to be filled...

...Check out the oldboys outdoors line of cameras. I have the ltl acorn 5210m and i love it. It takes pics and sends them directly to my phone or email the second it takes it...

OK, this has me very intrigued. Sounds like what I'd like to see in a trail cam AND a security cam. I have some questions on actual usage of these if you gents don't mind elaborating?

Is this new technology or has it been out for a while?
    Is it "cool that it works," or something you could depend on?
    Does it work smoothly or just kinda works?
    Going on the fact you guys have a substantial investment in these cams, would you buy them again now or wait until next year, hoping for competition to bring pricing down?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    OK, this has me very intrigued. Sounds like what I'd like to see in a trail cam AND a security cam. I have some questions on actual usage of these if you gents don't mind elaborating?

Is this new technology or has it been out for a while?
    Is it "cool that it works," or something you could depend on?
    Does it work smoothly or just kinda works?
    Going on the fact you guys have a substantial investment in these cams, would you buy them again now or wait until next year, hoping for competition to bring pricing down?

well it's actually pretty simple technology, the camera is an infra-red camera and the flash will not be seen by others at night, and I have never had a problem with my camera.
    the only catch to the camera is you must have a SIM card to use the e-mail feature, (cell phone provider should sell you one for about $10 a month) and you have to make sure there is cell phone service where the camera is placed or you will not get the pictures.
    if you have those two things covered,, you'll get some of the best pictures you've ever had and sent straight to your e- mail.
    and about purchasing a camera, every now and then they will run a special and give %10 off of the cams and what not, i'm not sure how often...
    if you e-mail the guys at ltl acorn and ask them about it. they may tell you the code. they hooked me up with a 4gig sd card as well. pretty good people IMO
    here is a link with the reviems and specs on the camera that I have.
    Ltl Acorn Outdoors - LTL ACORN 5210A-MM

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    For just good pics of wildlife a good COLOR picture at night is very impressive and that is what the Cuddeback flash cams do. If you want to really spend some money get a Reconyx HC 600 Hyper Fire..This cam is totally covert, meaning it takes pictures at night with absolutely no lights coming on of any kind. Walk by in the dark and you never know your pic was taken.Pics at night are B&W and the 12 Lithium AA batteries will easily last a year taking thousands of pics.

Coolhuntermike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Goshen
    I think cuddyback have the best product out there there quiet and good pictures but kind of pricy I mostly by the moultrie M-80s or similar versions they are durable and easy to use i have three of these and love them.

Top Bottom