• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    or $40 online to Quicken trust maker...just saying. ;)

bad advice ..... just sayin

these people with quicken & legal zoom trusts are in for a big suprise when thier trust actually has to work !!
    I would do alot more research before intrusting NFA items to a legalzoom or quickin trust !!! " just saying"

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    bad advice ..... just sayin

these people with quicken & legal zoom trusts are in for a big suprise when thier trust actually has to work !!
    I would do alot more research before intrusting NFA items to a legalzoom or quickin trust !!! " just saying"

Would you please explain...?

The BATF Lawyers look at these trust, and ok them. If they see something in any trust that is jacked up, they call, or approve with conditions. IE fix this and your ok.

So what would be the problem or surprise? The people that make the Trust for their NFA items make it to acquire them via Form 1 or 4 from the NFA branch (that's how they want the trust to work). So if the BATF Lawyers don't have a problem with them, what would be the big surprise? Not trying to act like I'm a lawyer, but I have seen more problems with lawyer created trusts, than Legal zoom - quicken ones both in and out of the NFA realm.

Some guys,don't have the hundreds of dollars to shell out to a lawyer, and their CLEO won't sign off. What would you tell them? Wait even longer and try to save more money?

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Not sure about this " The BATF Lawyers look at these trust, and ok them"

It's how the specifics of NFA transfers work with trusts and all of the variations in legal requirements from state to state that can cause issues. NFA transfers are very specific about how and when a transfer, legal or otherwise, takes place. Many generic trusts are oblivious to the transfer mechanism and just assume that the items in trust are plain old ordinary things. This is where things break down. IANAL, it would really benefit you to sit down with one, pay him/her a couple of hundred bucks, and understand the specific NFA nature of the trust elements of formation, nomination, succession, resolution (when needed), funding, reporting, etc. A generic trust to hold your Pokemon card collection for your descendants is an easy thing to slap together because Pokemon cards are not a highly regulated and restricted item. How and when an NFA item moves is.

Last edited:

lgvenable

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2010
    Warrick County

Went as an individual, since trusts are a ATF ruling, and could disappear with the stroke of a pen.

My SBR approval at the Warrick's sheriff's office ; I was in and out in 20 minutes.

Talk with Chief Deputy Brett Kruse; gr8 guy!

Top Bottom