• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I am looking for the best tactical flashlight I can find for under 200. The problem I am having is it is supposed to be under 5", and must be black. Would prefer to not have the striking rivets on the end. This is going to be my first tactical flashlight purchase so I do not really know where to begin. I have searched all over and am just really not sure what I am looking at. I had been looking at the surefire tactical P2X, it is 5.4 inches which I think would work but I am just not sure if there is something better out there for self defense uses.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So is the Streamlight protac 2L not worth looking at because it can be purchased for $30?

What exactly is a "tactical" flashlight used for?

Gun mounting?

Blinding someone in a movie theater?

Finding the porta potty?

Esrice, you should do a review on lights!:)

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    IF you want weapon mounting, lights like the P2X, LX2 and E2D aren't the best choices. No remote available, and not really designed to take the recoil. Same as the streamlight P series lights, 4Sevens quarks, Fenix L series... the list goes on....

My two favorite tactical lights to recommend are the Jetbeam 3M and the 4Sevens MMS.

JetBeam 3M XML Edition

and

http://www.the-led-warehouse.com/Maelstrom-MMS-AA-p1673.html

Both over 5 inches, but I'm not sure you'll find anything 5 inches or under that is true tactical use. The bezel un-screws from the MMS so you can easily remove the sharp bezel.
    Both these guys also run on either 123a batteries or 18650 batteries. You can get remotes for them as well and they will work with pretty much any 1 inch weapon mount.

If you don't need weapon mount use. Then I would go with the foursevens QB2l. This light is 4.9 inches and have the newest LED available in any flashlight.

http://www.the-led-warehouse.com/Quark-Turbo-QB2L-Gen-2-p1741.html

Still waiting on the true output numbers, but these should be touching close to 300 lumens.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I couldn't not consider multiple options from SolarForce for under $30. There was a time when I was Surefire only, but I've beat on cheap China made lights pretty hard and can't discern any difference.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    IF you want weapon mounting, lights like the P2X, LX2 and E2D aren't the best choices. No remote available, and not really designed to take the recol QUOTE]
    I find it really funny that a light with serrated edges on it that could be used as a defensive weapon could not be able to take the recoil from a longarm.
    Seems like a real design defect.
    Not doubting anything you have said, cause I know it is true but I just find it really funny.
    But the LED version has that taken care of.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom