Best quote I heard today. From yer resident troll.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am going to start at the point at which redistribution of wealth is NOT a constitutionally authorized function of government and therefore should not be happening. Once we abandon this point, we can chase the rabbit indefinitely because politicians are going to buy both votes and financial support, licit and illicit, with redistributed wealth. The bottom line is that you can't cheat your way to honesty any more than you can borrow your way out of debt or screw your way to virginity.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I am going to start at the point at which redistribution of wealth is NOT a constitutionally authorized function of government and therefore should not be happening. Once we abandon this point, we can chase the rabbit indefinitely because politicians are going to buy both votes and financial support, licit and illicit, with redistributed wealth. The bottom line is that you can't cheat your way to honesty any more than you can borrow your way out of debt or screw your way to virginity.

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States. – Constitution of the United States, Article I, Section 8"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States. – Constitution of the United States, Article I, Section 8"

What is your point? Redistribution of wealth (i.e., redistribution for the purpose of favoring the recipient over the rightful owner, as opposed to payment for goods and services rendered incidental to authorized functions) is not a component of of any of these functions. General Welfare is something entirely different from the specific welfare of favored individuals or groups.

Top Bottom