• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Looking to use a rental on our upcoming vacation. I hate the online places and trying to figure out the best deals. So what do y'all have in your collective back pockets as far as car rental deals? :popcorn:

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Then in my experience you usually get the best deal through Enterprise but join their frequent traveler plan before you reserve. There are cheaper companies but Enterprise lets you upgrade class most of the time, I have even upgraded a couple of classes.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Looking to use a rental on our upcoming vacation. I hate the online places and trying to figure out the best deals. So what do y'all have in your collective back pockets as far as car rental deals? :popcorn:

My dad has found that if you rent one every other week they start giving you great rates. You could try that. Also if you are an NRA member I see a lot of rental companies have discounts.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Then in my experience you usually get the best deal through Enterprise but join their frequent traveler plan before you reserve. There are cheaper companies but Enterprise lets you upgrade class most of the time, I have even upgraded a couple of classes.

That's what I've found too. I have a coupon from the Entertainment Book and that's about as good as I can find.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    A+ for Enterprise. Always been the best prices, 100% satisfaction…once I rented the cheapest small compact….when I arrived to my shock and pleasure was a black Charger waiting for me. It was also at that time when people wanted to rent and no cars were available, I had reserved weeks before and was afraid they had given my car away……nope….they held on to it. The guy that started the company served on the carrier USS Enterprise in WWII and named the company after his old ship.

Also if you can rent away from airport its cheaper also. Had a sister in FL pick us up and by her home town was a Enterprise and it was a lot cheaper than at airport.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    A+ for Enterprise. Always been the best prices, 100% satisfaction…once I rented the cheapest small compact….when I arrived to my shock and pleasure was a black Charger waiting for me. It was also at that time when people wanted to rent and no cars were available, I had reserved weeks before and was afraid they had given my car away……nope….they held on to it. The guy that started the company served on the carrier USS Enterprise in WWII and named the company after his old ship.

Also if you can rent away from airport its cheaper also. Had a sister in FL pick us up and by her home town was a Enterprise and it was a lot cheaper than at airport.
    Yep. For some reason rentals are always cheaper (many times half the price) from an airport.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've used Enterprise for many years whenever I needed a rental. Good prices and I get a USAA discount with them. Plus they're easy to find in every state.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So is Enterprise the final answer? I'm flying to Vegas next week for vacation and my wife wants to rent a car to go to the Hoover Dam. I would like to get the best price I can for our dam trip. I don't know if they have any dam tours, but we'll probably take some dam pictures. Maybe some dam souvenirs or something. It'll be a good dam time though.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You can also sometimes beat the online prices by calling individual rental places. They're generally all franchises and have lee-way in rates similar to what hotels will do.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just haggle with them. At 20 years old I got a rental car (compact car) for 2 weeks for a trip to florida for $16a day with no "young driver" fee. I just played the companies against each other until I got a deal.

edit: Considering I put 6k miles on the car I thought I got the better end of the deal. We took a very long detour on the way back.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom