• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TBaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    Wanting to get an inside the waistband holster for my 1911 to better conceal in the summer. Any recommendations on what is the best/comfortable?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Where do you carry? Hip-ish? Prefer leather or kydex? If kydex, raven can go IWB and is a great choice. Milt sparks, comp-tac, tucker... Lots of choices, tell us more about what you like.

If you aiwb, dale fricke archangel.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have used Milt Sparks Summer Special since the 1980s. I wear a Summer Special II for a 1911 Gummit now.

We are blessed with many fine makers now. However, Milt Sparks, even without Milt, are in the top tier of holsters.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Big fan of the Milt Sparks VMII. If you want to avoid the wait, check out Top Gun Supply. They are a stocking dealer. If they are out of stock you can sign up for email notification but act fast when you get the email.

I have also used a Mitch Rosen ARG a fair amount. Nice holster but less stable on the belt than the VMII.

Kelly Gunleather is also worth looking into.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I use Comp-Tac Infidel for IWB, but have heard nothing but good about Milt Sparks... Also, Appendix carry, consider the Raven Vanguard holster.

In the future, more information about your body type & how you intend on using / carrying would be very helpful in providing advice, since no holsters / accessories are universal. What works for a person with a spare tire of a midsection will ride differently than a person with a 32" waist.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I had a Versa Max II at one time for my 1911 and it was a work of art, but it was too thick and bulky for my tastes. The hybrid holster is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

TBaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    I've got a pretty slim build. Usually carry right behind the hip. I may have to check out the Milt Sparks. Sounds like those are getting a lot of good input. I'm afraid to look at the price though. LOL.

pagunnut72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2013
    I bought one recently from HolsterWorx. They're in Duncansville, PA. They do fabulous work. It took me 2 weeks to have a custom made, form fitted leather holster shipped to me from the time I talked to them on the phone. The fit is fabulous. I found their stuff on Facebook. There is a picture of a Glock IWB holster on their page. Mine looks identical except everything is black and they engraved my initials in it for me.:yesway: Just search for HolsterWorx on Facebook. I believe all of their contact info is on there.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Here's a picture of my 1991A1 in a VMII if anyone's interested:

6814731215_91e1b44108_b.jpg

Top Bottom