• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    That 150 dollar lifeproof is just some ass trying to take advantage of the very short supply of iPhone 5 Lifeproof cases. Any retailer or even directly from lifeproof you'll find them for 79.99

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    I have the Otterbox Defender, and I paid $50, but it is $23 on Amazon! It's a little bulky, but the kids throw it around and it covers the front and back, but my husband likes that you can still see the Apple logo on the back.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-Defender-Case-iPhone-Packaging/dp/B00974L61W/ref=sr_1_10?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1354501341&sr=1-10&keywords=otterbox+defender]Amazon.com: OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Punk: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I have been in the wireless industry for the last 7 years and the one thing I can tell you is that the case you choose should be based on your lifestyle.

Both Otterbox and Lifeproof are great cases but they serve different purposes. The fact that the Lifeproof case is waterproof doesn't mean much if you run it over. Same goes for the Otterbox. It's a great case and I have on many occasions tossed my phone across the room just to demonstrate it's durability. Again, This doesn't mean squat if you drop it off the boat into Geist reservoir.

As an all around case, I don't thing you can go wrong with the Defender series Otterbox. It offers the best combination of durability and moisture resistance. It is considerably less expensive and includes the belt clip that also serves as a stand if you wanted to watch some fancy You Tube video about guns and share it with your friends.

If you choose the Commutter series, you might as well choose a Speck Case.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I have a cheap body glove case on mine until I can get the LifeProof case, it's worth the wait. They are much slimmer then the otterbox defender!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    One of the reasons I switched from my iphone 4s to the iphone 5 was because it was thinner and lighter.

I have tried every Otterbox cover and yes, they do offer great protection but they also double the size. Because of this, I always end up taking them off because they put me right back with a thick, bulky phone again. Since I am very careful with my phone I opted to go back to the ultra slim transparent silicone covers. They add absolutely no added bulk, good protection from damage and scratches, are easy to grip and you can see every feature of the phone. As for the screen, I take my phone to the nearest Verizon store and have them run it through their screen protection machine that puts on a self-healing, lifetime guaranteed film much like the "invisible shield" brand.

Tada. For about the same as I'd pay for an Otterbox, I end up with a well protected phone without the added bulk that slips into any shirt pocket without even knowing it's there. :)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Just bought an Otterbox Defender on Amazon for $17.

Yeah I'm seeing them for $20 and under all day long on Amazon.

I was actually going to start this exact thread today, since I'm due for an upgrade next Friday and getting the 5.

The defender looks pretty thin...Is there anything out there that is thinner yet just as durable? I'm guessing not, but I figured I'd ask.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    41EPQSNq1pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Top Bottom