• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Legal heat <---- best gun app ever made. Gots tons of laws and rights. Shows what states honor our ltch. It's The only app that is approved by attorneys. It's a must download for anyone with a smart phone!

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    there are lots of apps out there...and to say this one is the best is just stupid. It may be the best for legal rights about guns but like a gun its only good for what its intended purpose is. A 50 cal is not good for clearing small rooms so lets not over generalize it.

To answer fishbass's question there are many gun/shooting apps out there and depending what you want them to do some are better than others. I have an app called Strelok and it helps calculate long distance shots with windage values and bullet drop but it wont help me a bit with rules and laws. Like i said use it for what its for and find others that do what you want them to do.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Rangelog

great app for Android (not sure about Iphone). Also has a website it links to where you can keep good track of inventory and maintenance as well as training.

stevep48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I have Leagl Heat and CCW, both are very usefull.
    Kids are in NC, so I know not to drive through WV LOL

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Not sure if I'm hijacking this post, I humbly apologize if so.

There is a pretty cool app called "Gun Disassembly 2". The app allows you to virtually operate, disassemble, and assemble specific firearms. You can show operation using an X-Ray like view, and slow motion mode, where you can see the action of the gun in detail and slowed to a rate to discuss it. It comes with some specific guns free, and you can add other guns for $0.99 each (the app is free). VERY nice training aid.

ol' poke

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I recently just purchased an Android phone. Converting from the old flip phone to an advanced phone has been enlightening. I am still waiting for the app that washes the dishes and takes out the garbage. I thought there were supposed to be "an app for that"!:):

But I found 2 apps that looked interesting. Nosler has a ballistics app for calculating long range shots. And the IPSC shot timer. I've downloaded them and played with them a bit, but I have not really used them.

I also found some other gun forums that have apps...but to my dismay I could not find a forum app for INGO. :( :ingo:

What other android apps have you guys found interesting or especially useful? I myself am not interested in game...but rather things I can really use.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    there are lots of apps out there...and to say this one is the best is just stupid. It may be the best for legal rights about guns but like a gun its only good for what its intended purpose is. A 50 cal is not good for clearing small rooms so lets not over generalize it.

To answer fishbass's question there are many gun/shooting apps out there and depending what you want them to do some are better than others. I have an app called Strelok and it helps calculate long distance shots with windage values and bullet drop but it wont help me a bit with rules and laws. Like i said use it for what its for and find others that do what you want them to do.

Well his guy def isn't nice :wow:

Gabby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Ellettsville
    Gun Spot. Locates FFL holders/gun shops near your location. Gives phone numbers and locations which can guide you there thru maps app. You can also find FFL holders/gun shops by city, state, zip code, or name. Very usefull if you're searching for guns or ammo on the road.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks! I wasn't going to mess around with apps!:) I just downloaded IPSC timer, Gun log, and attempted gun disassembly, but it timed out for now. Apparently Gun Spot is not available on Android.

What does iTunes have?

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Gun Disassembly 2 was timing out for me when trying to download via 3G connection. It downloads and installs fine when you are connected to a WiFi network.

I'm surprised that nobody has put out an ammo price search engine app yet (at least I haven't seen one) Seems like that would be pretty easy for someone like ammoseek or ammoengine to do.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    CCW app by the Workman Group is really great. It costs just over a buck, and is well worth it. I put in what permits I have, and it shows me a map of what states I can carry in. If I click on a state, it gives me a quick reference of duty to inform, carry in bars, carry in state parks, etc. It also has links to that State's statutes, the AG website, and the state police website. It has tons of info, and keeps updated pretty good.

ETA: If you have your GPS turned on, it will also give you a list of gun shops, ranges, gunsmiths, and attorneys nearby.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Not sure if I'm hijacking this post, I humbly apologize if so.

There is a pretty cool app called "Gun Disassembly 2". The app allows you to virtually operate, disassemble, and assemble specific firearms. You can show operation using an X-Ray like view, and slow motion mode, where you can see the action of the gun in detail and slowed to a rate to discuss it. It comes with some specific guns free, and you can add other guns for $0.99 each (the app is free). VERY nice training aid.

ol' poke
    I have this one downloaded also

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom