• ...and so much more!
  • SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Let's see:
    For me, my first Glock, a G23 is it! I can get a conversion barrel and fire 9mm if need be.

Now if I throw practicality out of the equation, my G20SF! Nothing quite like a 10mm. Just wish I had more options locally to buy ammo. Seems I'm always buying bulk online.

red68ss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    G23 gen 3. Comfortable and easy to shoot, small enough for concealed carry, can't beat it.

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    Opinions vary but I am partial to my Gen 3 21 bought it brand new and have probably well over 2000 rounds through it and never had any FTF or FTE issues.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Wow, 20, 21, 19, 17, 22, 23, 26, 27, 34, 35, 30.....Who knew there were so many bests? I'm thinking OP may have meant most versatile all-around Glock. If so, I will stick with the 23. But so many choices and so many answers. Glad we are not all stuck with one size and one model even though they all look similar.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    These sorts of threads are somewhat entertaining for a variety of reasons:

• the OP is usually looking for specific information, yet...
    the question is quite open-ended with room for a lot of variables.
    • the question specifically concerns one specific brand of firearm, yet...
    the responses include recommendations from other manufactures. :facepalm:
    • the question assumes that we're all unbiased firearm gurus, yet...
    the average response really just reflects one's "favorite" firearm.
    Nonetheless, I will fearlessly enter the foray and give two opinions ...worth every bit of ink used to express them (hint for the subtlety-challenged: you're right, I didn't use any ink to write this out ...though, if you print this response, it will certainly be worth slightly more)....

First answer: "best" Glock for the shooter who doesn't quite know what they want, but they know they want a Glock. This person might be your girlfriend's neighbor's mother's friend's brother-in-law's second-cousin ....or it might be you, who just happened to seek out the advice of a stranger who looks like they might know something about guns because they like Clint Eastwood or John Wayne ...idunno. But, knowing nothing else about the person, I'd take a shot in the dark and recommend a Glock 19 (the question was about "best" Glock, right? Right.) for all the reasons already mentioned. It's a very good starting point amongst all the offerings from Glock and would disappoint few who were looking for a good all-around Glock pistol.

Second answer: for the person asking "what is your favorite Glock, and why?" (a similar question as the first, but with a subtle twist, nonetheless). I'd still go with a G27, based on its size, ability to accept larger magazines, and caliber. I'd also include that, were I to rethink my purchase of of the G27, several good arguments could be made for the G23, though I'm not sure ankle carry would be practical with that model. Even so, it does retain most of the other advantages (remember, IMO) as the G27. I think I'd still walk away with the G27 ...with an option to purchase a 22 or 23 at a later date. :D

Beyond that, several good arguments can be (and have been) made for other Glock models. While I'd love to encourage others to collect the whole set (and would love to do so myself), the practicality of it all (and lack of funds) is often the limiting factor. Still (and just to bump up the printed value of this opinion ever-so-slightly), the G19 is a hard to beat recommendation without knowing more specifics about the end-user.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    27. Great tradeoff of power and quantity of rounds. Easy to shoot and coneal. It is also reliable and light weight. I love my 1911 at the range and at one time it would have been the best thing out there, but if I was walking into a really bad situation, I would feel more comfortable with any model Glock over a 1911.

D-Bo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Funcie
    G18 is the best Glock. Other than that Glocks are like 99% of Harley riders, your only cool if you have one. (1911 peoply are the same)

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I see the majority are saying G19. As you stated in the OP open/conceal doesn't matter, so I say G17.
    Better grip than a G19 and due to size, length, or whatever i'm slightly more accurate with the 17.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    G19. About as good as it gets.

I second this ^^^^ The G19 is small enough for concealed carry, but still big enough with an adequate amount of rounds to be used as a duty gun. But maybe I'm just being biased because a G19 was the first Glock I bought...?;)

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I see the majority are saying G19. As you stated in the OP open/conceal doesn't matter, so I say G17.
    Better grip than a G19 and due to size, length, or whatever i'm slightly more accurate with the 17.

Taking all of the OP's variables into account the 17 wins hands down. If you can get the LE pricing (or know someone that can) it is ridiculously inexpensive.

Top Bottom