Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    glock_1911-tfb.jpg

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ok first of all, is that a real block 1911???? one word, awesome. having said that and since everyone wants to take this question so seriously i will elaborate on my question. yes i mostly mean bang for ur buck. not asking better n terms oc compact subcompact, full size. i know they have there own plus n minuses. let me put it like the I'm looking for my next pistol had it narrowed down to iwi baby eagle, beretta 90-2 inbox stainless, or glock. i know there r a lot of variables in that but i dnt now glocks very well and just trying to compare with the other two. hope this is a little clearer thanks. keep them coming.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    ok first of all, is that a real block 1911???? one word, awesome. having said that and since everyone wants to take this question so seriously i will elaborate on my question. yes i mostly mean bang for ur buck. not asking better n terms oc compact subcompact, full size. i know they have there own plus n minuses. let me put it like the I'm looking for my next pistol had it narrowed down to iwi baby eagle, beretta 90-2 inbox stainless, or glock. i know there r a lot of variables in that but i dnt now glocks very well and just trying to compare with the other two. hope this is a little clearer thanks. keep them coming.
    That picture is a fake for now;), I own some glock, they will shoot, but glocks don't "TICKLE my PICKLE"

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think his intent was to ask what the most versatile, all around multipurpose Glock was. Not what guns are better and why.

I'd advise the Glock 19. 9mm is sufficient (for 3 out of 4 opinions), the mid size allows a decent sight radius, easy to coceal, easy to carry, still big enough for a range gun with nice magazine capacity and the ability to accept g17 or g18 33 rnd mags.

:yesway:

Glock 19 FTW! :D

Augustine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    South Bend
    As has been said a few times here, this is a difficult question to answer. It's like asking simply, "What is the best car?" The "best" car to someone in Southern California is not going to be the best car to drive in Anchorage, Alaska. So you can probably throw the category of 'best' out the window.

That said, I've found that I really enjoy my Glock 23. It is the gun I carry every day (mostly CC). It's small enough that it conceals easily and it's big enough that I don't feel like I'm shooting a toy. At the range, it does what I want it to. That it can carry 13+1 is a plus for me. It seems to be a nice balance between caliber and amount of ammunition that one can carry (I am not RSVPing to a caliber debate, by the way). It is a reliable gun and you can find them priced reasonably if you're willing to buy used (as I did - my Gen 3 Glock 23 was 389.00).

Hickok45 has a video on his Youtube channel about "The Best Glock", if you're interested.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I bought a G19 for my wife, and it's a good little gun.

I bought a G20SF for myself as I happen to think that 15rds (17 with pierce grip ext) of something more powerful than a 357mag all wrapped up in a glock package makes for a real mans gun, but that's just me. G20 for the win! :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    As others have already said, its a difficult question to answer without more defining criteria as to purpose.

Owning several Glocks and carrying one every day, my personal opinion is the Glock 23 Gen4. its gives me the ability to 'fit' the weapon to my preferences, I like the capabilities of the caliber, its more than large enough to use as a 'fighting' gun and still easily concealed. The caliber is suffiecent for most duties and plentiful/common enough to find in most ammo suppliers (WalMart, etc...).

To me the Glock 23 Gen4 is the all around weapon if I had to choose one Glock.

But its ultimately up to you and what your needs in a weapon are.
    Good luck sorting it out.

Stay safe

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    IMHO, i think that the most versatile Glock would have to be the 23! it can be made to shoot 9 mm, and 357 sig....or even .22 conversion if necessary for cheap plinkification. It's very easy to CCW in a good IWB holster w/good gun belt. But only suffers when the clothing gets a little thinner, in this such case G27.

Personally, i have the 23, and 26...and only went 26 because they didn't have the 27 in stock the day i was ready to buy.

pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    The thing 1911's have over Glocks is you can buy parts and build your own personalized 1911! There are way more parts out there for 1911's, all Glocks look the same generally.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    IMHO, i think that the most versatile Glock would have to be the 23! it can be made to shoot 9 mm, and 357 sig....or even .22 conversion if necessary for cheap plinkification. It's very easy to CCW in a good IWB holster w/good gun belt. But only suffers when the clothing gets a little thinner, in this such case G27.

Personally, i have the 23, and 26...and only went 26 because they didn't have the 27 in stock the day i was ready to buy.
    THIS
    The 23 is the exact same size as the 19 so there is no difference in carrying.
    AND you can't buy a 40 barrel for a 19.
    You can only go from 40 to 9mm.

G23 FTW :rockwoot:

pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    Sure Glock sells their own parts, and you can build a Glock, but you still have a Glock. Buying the parts and building a Glock is way more expensive than buying a new Glock, just the frame and slide will run ya close to $700 w/shipping! With 1911 parts and accessories, any manufacture can offer parts. They are way cheaper than buying a new 1911, you can outfit it with better quality parts, and customize it to your taste. I built my 1911 for less than $700, and used all stainless steel parts, custom trigger / hammer, and it's smoother and shoots better than any Kimber or Colt.. Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, and actually looking to buy a 36 or 26 to carry. But if your going to compare a Glock to a 1911, its like comparing a Harley to all crotch rockets lol!

Top Bottom