• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The other 1500 thread got me thinking.... My wife and I normally enjoy the 1500. Last time it was way over-crowded, and was a terrible experience. This time, I'll not only have her with me, but our little one as well (yes, in a <shudder> STROLLER!).

So, what's the quietest time to hit the 1500? I can't go during the day on Friday (gotta earn $$$ to spend it). Saturday morning seems to be the worst. How about first-thing on Sunday? What's your experience?

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    A POX on strollers. A bane on polite society. :D

Seriously, I really like to take some time off work and go on Friday when everyone else has jobs. :stickpoke: There are good deals early.
    I have never been on Sunday. Can't help there.

You are guaranteed that Saturday will be the most crowded and busy day.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Ryan,

I don't think there's a "good time". I've not been on Sunday

Do you have a front pack carrier for the munchkin? I have one you can use/have.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think she is still too small/young for the carrier. Can't quite hold her head up by herself yet. I'll need one eventually, though (hint, hint)!

I'll see what the wife's plans are for the weekend. Maybe we can sneak in some grandparent time for the little one, and still hit the show off-peak.

I assume Friday evening is pretty busy? No one mentioned it as a "good" time. Looks like late Saturday or early Sunday are the winners.

So... you all STAY HOME while I'm at the 1500, OK?!?!?!?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    We normally go on sunday. IN by 10 am out by 2 pm. If you want anything heavy sunday seems best for deals so they don't have to pack it out. Lead is heavy.

If the colts are playing sunday during to colts game is the best time for no crowds. As other have stated some of the good deals are gone already. On sunday you got to make your own deal. By sunday someones normally sells me the last day of a 3 day pass for less than admission rate in the lot also.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    As early as possible if you are looking at the tables. People don't start coming in until 11:00 or so. I am always looking for deals with private individuals, so I stay all day.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I went on Sunday and it was maneuverable. I will try Friday, as soon as it opens this time, since I'm not really looking to buy anything.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I think she is still too small/young for the carrier. Can't quite hold her head up by herself yet. I'll need one eventually, though (hint, hint)!

New parents! :rolleyes:

:):

Don't worry, she'll be better off in the front pack carrier (facing you). It's a Baby Bjorn and is adaptable for newborns.

Now, where you'll change a diaper is a bigger question.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Last time, I thought I would outsmart everyone and go when they opened up on Friday. Plus most people would be working right???? WRONG
    The line was about 1 hour long just to get to the front door.
    Also, keep in mind that afriend came out saturday to find his truck ond seven others broken into so dont leave stuff in the vechicle

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    That's another reason to get there early. You can park up in the front by where the cops are helping people cross the street. That should keep the riff-raff away.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Probably not going this show. Enjoyed the show a lot a couple of years ago, but haven't found much good deals. I like to go on Sunday, towards the end of the show...you can sometimes find dealers doing some better discounts to pocket some more cash before packing up.

Top Bottom