• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    I am shopping around for my next 1911 and I can honestly find a "perfect" model from most of the major manufacturers. My question is, who has the best (and worst) customer service in the industry? I plan on having this new toy for a very long time and would like to support a company that will no doubt take care of me both during the warranty period but will also stand behind their product for the life of the pistol.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    S&W has great service ,RIA also has the same type of service .I sell& install grips and EVERY KIMBER that i have put new grips on have had at least 1 grip screw bushing backout when removing the grip screws. Think they should have good CS also.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd think Ruger would be in the running for best CS. S&W would be good as well (they have been known to get a bit hammered on their phones and getting through to someone at times can be interesting, but I've had good experiences with S&W's CS). Never had to deal directly with Ruger's CS myself as I only had Ruger revolvers, but have heard excellent things from other folks.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would echo praise for S&W, Springfield and RIA (I have not had to use RIA but hear nothing but good things).

The only one I am not a fan of is Ruger. I also think the quality of Ruger products has declined a lot in the last ten years but that is another story and has gotten me labeled a heretic before. All must worship at the alter of Ruger or be shunned. :noway:

Sig also let me down once but it was a minor thing and I guess I should have known better than to contact any customer service on a Friday afternoon.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Ruger!! emailed shipping label, sent out the same day, had my weapon back in under 5 days.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    Had to deal with Sig 2x on a bad Mosquito .22 and customer service was excellent. The final gun they shipped me wasn't that great (sold it), but the overall service department, response time, communication, etc. was excellent to deal with.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    Springfield had the absolute best customer service! A second close is RIA then ruger/S&W. Springfield ten around time is super fast, super nice people, and there custom shop is amazing!

Top Bottom