• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    If you are narrowing it down to choose only one gun to buy that you will carry, then choose the largest caliber and the most capacity that you will never leave at home on your dresser. This may be a NAA guardian or a S&W Model 29.

Since I am not limited to one handgun, I may at any time be carrying one or more of the following: large frame DA .357; medium frame DA .357 revolver; .40 subcompact; 4" .40 semiauto; .32 acp Tomcat; Semi-auto 9mm. I hope to add more handguns to the rotation to fill in the gaps in .380 and .45 acp. and maybe another .357. I choose my handgun to fit my mood and my attire.

IUalum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Make sure to try something in your belt, pocket or how you plan to carry it with a good holster. Basically, decide how you want to carry, inside the waist band, pocket, pocket-clip like on the Kel-Tecs, shoulder, ankle holsters etc. That will help guide you in size and weight.

If it isn't comfortable, you won't carry it. Some guys are comfortable carrying full size 1911's on the hip, others of us like the IWB's and pocket holsters like the Desantis Nemesis filled with a Kahr P380 :)

Last edited:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Ruger SP 101. 5 shot stainless .357 revolver. :draw: Plenty of omph to get the job done and no safeties to mess with. Just pull the trigger and it goes BANG every time.:rockwoot:Of course, it has to fit your hand and you have to be comfortable with it.

OK auto guys, let the flames begin. :):

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I normally carry either a G19 or 23. While I have considered other smaller guns, I think that carrying a gun I am very familiar with is important. My "play" gun is a G17 that I use for steel and bowling pins and I shoot the G23 for IDPA. Defending myself or my family with a gun that I carry often but shoot rarely, sounds kind of scary to me.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is an interesting question. I carry a G22 the vast majority of the time. But I have found that in the winter I usually carry my PF9, because I'm usually wearing a heavy winter coat that has a slash pocket on the front that the PF9 fits perfect in a holster, then the G22 in a IWB holster under the coat. The PF9 is then very easy to get to. I also have found since I own more than one handgun I occasionally carry others as the situation fits.

So the short answer is the gun that best fits the situation for me.

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    A bersa 380 would make a fine carry gun----large and medium size handguns are hard to conceal in the summer and I personally don't like them in the winter either because I usually end up somewhere I have to take the coat off.
    I carry one of these 3 depending on how I'm dressed. a cz82, charter undercover or a hi standard 22mag derringer.
    when I know I'm going to be in my car most of the time I generally take a full size gun,usually a hi-power, and place it between the seats or in the door pocket.

Steve

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    +1

The BEST CC handgun is the one you will carry. I have all the super cool, pretty, powerful pistols, but I don't carry them for one reason or another, I currently carry a P3AT and I am looking to purchase a PF9 as I am running out of .380 and I refuse to buy any at these prices.

To me it came down to comfort and size. I did not feel comfortable to strap large and heavy pistols every day, and in 80% of the time I wear sportswear that doesn't have a belt, so pocket pistol is what got me back into the carrying game.

I drop a S&W 642 Airweight in my front pocket and go about my business. Is it the best? NO. Is it always with me? YES.;)

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Naturally i will have to say Glock-27, that is my namesake here, but i shot a colt .45 today at the range, don`t remember what it was(we shot so many) but it had no sights on it whatsoever. it was perfect out to ten yards. Small enough to fit in a pocket holster. Probably my next purchase even though the instructor said it was $800+. I tried to trade him for my commander , no deal.

Did it look like this?
    colt-new-agent.jpg

It's a Colt New Agent. I've been itching for one of these myself for a back up, but there are still a couple of purchases further up the list. It does have a gutter/trench sight, but you shot it so you already know that.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've seen the Bersa 380 mentioned a couple of times. It's a good value and a soft shooter, but, for what it's worth, something like a Kahr CW9 is virtually the same size (actually lighter) and fires the ballisticaly superior, cheaper, and more widely available 9x19mm. If you're interested in something smaller, by all means, consider a 380, but if you're going to carry something as large as a Bersa 380/SIG P232/Walther PPK, why not carry something chambered in 9mm? (Assuming there aren't any extenuating budgetary or recoil restrictions.)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have been reading all over the internet, and this is probably a question posed by many with different answers. What do you feel is the best CCW? Some say revolver vs auto. I was thinking of the Bersa Thunder 380.

The gun that you shoot well with, that is reliable, easy for you to carry, and again you shoot well with. I personaly would not carry a .380 as a main carry gun. As a backup gun yes. Just a personal prefence. If I wanted something smaller, I would go with a sub compact 9mm, or .38 snuby. :twocents:

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Its all a matter of opinion. If you ask 10 different people you will get 10 different answers. For me it comes down to what I can shoot the best and carry reasonably well.

dean2182

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    New Albany
    I started with a S & W .38-Shoots ok but recoil is too much for a lot of range time
    Currently carry a Sigma .40 until resources allow a Sig

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    +1,000 for finding a gun that fits you. That's all that really matters. Get to the shops, and start feeling some guns. It does not matter revolver, or auto. Fullsize, or compact. Mid price, or expensive. As long as you feel comfortable, and it fits your needs. I personaly carry a .40 Xd, but that's my prefrence. I also know alot of guys on here, are willing to meet and let you try their guns out. Hope that helps.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    springfield, for years I carried a 1911 45acp, then as you get older and skinny the big frame gets kinda hard to cover, I switched to the xd40-12 rounder, when they first came out, with the 3 back straps it's easy to fit to your hand, really what ever you shoot, and feel good with is the one for you go out and shoot some of your friends pistols and see what you think, there is nothing wrong with wheel gun if cap. is no problem, true any semi-auto CAN jam but with good ammo and care they normally will not

jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    The best CC gun you can carry is whatever you can. If you can hit what your aiming at and trust it, then that's the right one. Here are a couple of mine.
    IMG_3619.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom