• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mickard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    I have been reading all over the internet, and this is probably a question posed by many with different answers. What do you feel is the best CCW? Some say revolver vs auto. I was thinking of the Bersa Thunder 380.

Glockster1990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    Hey there, I have been carrying for about 3 months. I am carrying a glock 26 9mm it is the perfect size. It is very accurate and i feel very confident that i could defend my self,and connect with the target. It is a very good option and you should check it out. Glock's are extremely reliable and durable. Some say they are ugly but im not taking mine to the prom. :D Also you could get a chrome dress up kit for it.
    Take care and stay safe

GOD BLESS AMERICA.:patriot:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Which ever one fits you best and you shoot the best. Also the one that you are going to practice with. What works well for me might not work well for you.

Here is mine. It's a Kimber Tactical Ultra II, feels great in my hand, I like the caliber (.45) and has all the carry features I wanted.

Kimber_TU_005.jpg

Good luck on your search.

(by the way the Bersa you metioned is a good gun.)

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    For me its a Glock 19, light weight, small sized but not too small, always goes bang, 15 rounds, Night sights and very accurate.

When I want something larger than a 9mm, I carry one of my Kimber .45s.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    no such thing as best... i suggest you go out and get a feel for everything that is out there and find out what is "best" for you and you alone... everthing is a trade off recoil stopping power follow up shots ammo expense weight round capacity size concealability price plenty of factors so only you can decide... that said, for the money the bersa is a great gun...

i recomend a glock :popcorn:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have been reading all over the internet

there is also you problem...you will not find out which guns fit you by reading about them... PERIOD. log off and go to a store and you will learn more about the differant CC guns in an hour than you could in a day on the internet.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I am no revolver fan so it's a definitely a semi-automatic handgun for me. I carry my G19 most of the time, occasionally my 1911. But neither are good carry guns, both are just too big and hard to completely conceal in the summer months. My wife carries a Walther PPS in 9mm, it's slim and small and she can conceal it on a petite body. A good choice, worth considering in my opinion.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    For the time being, I think my Springfield Armory XD9sc is the best concealed carry weapon. It's easy shooting, accurate, reliable (700 rounds, no malfunctions), and easy carrying. It feels good in my hands, and conceals well.

There is no "perfect" gun. So you'll get a whole bunch of answers telling you THEIRS is perfect. The important thing is to realize that unless the answer is "XD9sc," the answer is wrong :D

Edit: As far as revolvers go, I really loved my 3" SP101. In fact, I honestly still don't know if I like it or my XD better. The extra weight of the SP101 makes it a comfortable gun to shoot, without being so heavy as to be a PIA to carry.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    For the time being, I think my Springfield Armory XD9sc is the best concealed carry weapon. It's easy shooting, accurate, reliable (700 rounds, no malfunctions), and easy carrying. It feels good in my hands, and conceals well.

There is no "perfect" gun. So you'll get a whole bunch of answers telling you THEIRS is perfect. The important thing is to realize that unless the answer is "XD9sc," the answer is wrong :D

there is no such thing as a glock xdsc9 so you must be mistaken

glock 27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    elkhart
    Naturally i will have to say Glock-27, that is my namesake here, but i shot a colt .45 today at the range, don`t remember what it was(we shot so many) but it had no sights on it whatsoever. it was perfect out to ten yards. Small enough to fit in a pocket holster. Probably my next purchase even though the instructor said it was $800+. I tried to trade him for my commander , no deal.

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Honestly, my Ruger LCP is good enough for me. I know it's supposed to be a back up gun, but it's the only thing I've found that I'm comfortable enough with that it will always be with me. Although, the SIG P238 has been very tempting lately.

Armorer59

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Greene County
    Which ever one fits you best and you shoot the best. Also the one that you are going to practice with. What works well for me might not work well for you.

Here is mine. It's a Kimber Tactical Ultra II, feels great in my hand, I like the caliber (.45) and has all the carry features I wanted.

Kimber_TU_005.jpg

Good luck on your search.

(by the way the Bersa you metioned is a good gun.)

Just what he said. The perfect CCW is one YOU are competent with and fits YOUR frame. Also where you carry can dictate what you carry. When in the woods, I pack a revolver. On the street, my compact .45. When on my Harley I often carry my Kel-Tec P32. Bottom line, whatever you carry practice a lot and be proficient!

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    THE BEST CONCEALED CARRY GUN IS >>>>>>>>>
    Whatever you decide works for you. What works for me, possibly will not suit you. So spend some time at a few gun shops, and see what feels good to you. I would suggest that you "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY". Good luck in your search.
    FYI ...If the question was "what carry gun do you like" my answer would have been a revolver Taurus 617T

Top Bottom