• ...and so much more!
  • hereforthecootbash

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    Don’t spend big money on camo for deer. Dark colors, black, od green, tan. Check army surplus stores or Walmart for some cheap stuff. Wind direction and holding still for your shot matters more than the $200 shirts. Birds, ducks and geese, have better eyesight and you’ll want to spend a little more to fool them. Just remember that people have been successfully hunting these animals long before expensive clothes were available and you can too.

JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    Just curious what you feel the best camo patterns are for the different seasons. Looking at the following Amazon netting to camouflage tents, gear, etc.

Amazon Netting
    I like digital woodland MARPAT for general purpose. Works surprisingly well in the winter too if there is no snow.
    Your general Multicam, mossy oak and realtree should do just fine as well. If you are hiding from deer/game, movement is more important than anything.

Old surplus M81 works great for spring/summer. Plenty of it out there for cheap. Digital desert with some spray paint added to darken it works well in the winter. You can find tarps and large pieces cheap on eBay and surplus store sites.

I am building a couple ghillies at the moment. If you are trying to hide from humans, you need to break up the outline of yourself or whatever you are trying to hide in addition to color and reflections. Leafy camo "nets" work well there. Usually they come in 5'x9' sections. Edit LOL that is exactly what you linked us. Chinese clones of the camos, but they work just the same. Id say woodland, digi woodland and digi desert will suit you fine. 3 or 4 different color patterns should be plenty.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Whatever I find used.

Since it is old and the color washed out we have a nasty walnut tree I save some of the nuts and give that camo a soak in watered walnuts and it darkens out the white thread bare areas.

That gives it a nice walnut smell also.
    Excellent idea.
    I stained a haversack with the husks of black walnut. Soaked them in a bucket of water, then immersed the haversack for a couple hrs.

Top Bottom