• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Boogie Burger > Bub's > Five Guys. Thinking way way back though we used to have a Fudruckers in Castleton & you could bury that thing in what ever toppings you wanted. Those were great!

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    5 guys would be good if they didn't put the burger on the bun for a big mac, it takes something great and downgrades it. So far the best I've had that I didn't have to grill myself in IN is Portillos and Ruby Tuesday, but I've only been in the state a few months and am definitely taking notes from this list of places to go try.

Portillos Italian beef sammys are the best mmmmmmmm good I have some in my freezer right now actually. But for burgers I'd say 5 guys.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I used to spend a lot of time in Detroit/Troy/Pontiac MI area for work. I'd travel up during the week. I would hit Fuddrucker's at least once a trip. Those were some good burgers.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    OPTs in Broad Ripple!!! Hands down the best burger in the state to eat when your going out for a night on the town!

If you think OPTs has good burgers.... try Broad Ripple Tavern, Red Key Tavern, or Union Jacks in Broad Ripple...... You'll forget all about that terrible terrible place...... I love Five Guys but Bub's Big Ugly Burger is hands down WAAAY better than anything Five Guys has......

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I must be in the minority but 5 guys burgers did not impress me too much. Bub's burgers in castleton...now thats another story. Probably one of the best tasting burgers ive had.
    Dont forget to wash it down with an excellent peanut butter malt...Yuuuuummmmmm!

:puke: 5 guys.

+1 Bub's

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Screw the chains. Keep it local. Boogie Burger in Broad Ripple is at the top of the list for me. Get the Disco Inferno burger with a side of garlic fries.

I tried Bub's one time and just wasn't impressed.They're fries were awful. I'll have to give it a second chance.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    The Quest Bar and Resturant in Schererville ,IN with their "Stuffed Burger.." I have to say its huge but one can eat it in one sitting. It can be stuffed with a half a dozen things like cheese , mushrooms, peperoni etc... add the side of homemade FF or "chips " are and your good to go ! If you like appitizers the fried vegetable basket is AWESOME !!

manygunsmike

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    White Castle.
    Repped!!!! :D Just had a 12 sack the other day, so sad they are all gone now:(

I too must be a minority because I will never go back to 5 guys :dunno:

If I had to pick a favorite burger in Indiana I would probably have to say Shoops in Warsaw. It has been a couple years since I have had one from there.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Has anyone tried the "Weber Grill" at 10 North Illinois in downtown Indy?

My neighbor is one of the chefs there.

~TK

Nasty. The burgers were dry from being cooked to over well done. Tasted like they mixed charcoal in with the ground beef.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I must be in the minority but 5 guys burgers did not impress me too much. Bub's burgers in castleton...now thats another story. Probably one of the best tasting burgers ive had.
    Dont forget to wash it down with an excellent peanut butter malt...Yuuuuummmmmm!

:puke: 5 guys.

+1 Bub's

I LOVE Bub's, but the only one I know of is in Carmel... And it is the best burger you will ever have the pleasure of putting in your mouth.

Top Bottom