• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ntm168

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I have the Phoenix hp22lr, and having issues getting the Remington shells to feed properly. Anyone else had this problem, or a suggestion on what else to try?

Thanks

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Before everyone jumps in and says its garbage and buy something else ill pitch in $.02. Try a couple packs of minimags through it. A buddy of mine had one and it ran federal bulk pack through it from day one without any issues. Just try a couple different kinds of ammo and see what it likes.

ntm168

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Thanks, I know they arent the best gun. Bought it cheap from a guy needing cash brand new. Figured it would make a good gun to have around for cheap.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I like mine

Mine works with CCI's and also has no trouble with federal bulk ammo (plated). I did polish the ramp and the throat of the barrel with a felt tip and Dremel.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    My understanding is that there are two assembly benches at Phoenix for their HP22's. One makes junk, the other makes excellent running, long lasting, finicky pistols that may need a little fine tuning. Remington has only one assembly line for rimfire ammo and it only produces the worst, bottom of the barrel, dirtiest, most unreliable ammo on the market. Head to your favorite ammo buying place and grab one of every 50 pack available (except Remington) and have fun trying to figure out which bench your pistol was made on. Some of my favorite rounds are Federal Lightening, Armscor Target, Centurionhollow points, Fiocchi, and Mini Mags. Good luck and have fun.

PS: Give the pistol a good cleaning before trying the new rounds. You need to get all of the bad Remington ju-ju out of it.

PPS: If all of that sounds like to much work, get to 50 posts and throw it in the classifieds. I've been looking for a good deal on one.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Had one years ago...don't remember malfunctions. Surprisingly accurate for the size and price.
    Have you tried some plated bullets?

Top Bottom