• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Ditto. After trying several brands, my best accuracy is from the 36 grain Federal.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think I would pass even on the Remington right now....

Once ammo frees up again, I prefer Federal or CCI blazer.... Winchester would be my third choice... In times where ammo is plentiful, I do not consider the Remington's....

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I prefer the Federal Auto Match that comes in the 325 box. It used to be around $13.87 at Wally World but I haven't seen ANY 22 for so long I would buy anything I could get. I'm not paying $50/500 though so I'll use what I have until then. I also like the other Federal stuff in the 500 rd box, can't recall the name of it, and the Blazer Brass bulk packs. CCI SV in 100rd packs is good too.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I agree that now the best may have to be whatever you can find. when the shortage is over I would suggest picking up a variety of brands and see which ones function best for you and then buy a load of it.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    These days, the best stuff is whatever you can find.
    Before the silliness started I was buying a lot of the Federal bulk packs for plinking.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Blazer 40gr lead high velocity.

Most of the bulk packs are copper washed bullets, and none of my .22 barrels will ever see any of it ergo: Blazer. Misfires are very very rare.

I will buy Federal Champion Target (40gr standard velocity) in bricks when I can find it, which is never. Even before Obama.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    last summer i got my 10/22 out for the first time in like ten years. the even older box of federal was pretty crap by that point. i picked up some aquila super and it ran like a dream.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At this point...ANY.

^^^^This

I prefer the Federal Auto Match that comes in the 325 box. It used to be around $13.87 at Wally World but I haven't seen ANY 22 for so long I would buy anything I could get. I'm not paying $50/500 though so I'll use what I have until then. I also like the other Federal stuff in the 500 rd box, can't recall the name of it, and the Blazer Brass bulk packs. CCI SV in 100rd packs is good too.

AHHHHHHH what I would do to be able to buy a few boxes of this. I personally like the Gemetech or CCI Standard Velocity for my suppressed guns. But the Federal 550 Bulk is g2g, and what I will have to live with till it become more readily available.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom